TrishR
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Everyone,
    I just wanted to let Everyone know that on 1/2/15 at 8:42 am EST, my husband Steve Rodolff lost his battle with ALS. He did make it to 2015 which is one thing he really wanted.
    Love to all,
    Trish
    Hi Trish,
    How are things going for you? Do you work outside the home or are you the full-time caretaker for your husband? We are driving from our small town in central Illinois next weekend the 10th to Dallas to go see my dad for a quick visit. He just turned 80 on Sept. 11th. He moved to Dallas because both my brother and sister live there and we really couldn't get adequate home care for him here. Plus, they have a wonderful ALS clinic and a VA clinic that he goes to there. Take care, Kim
    I apologize about the multiple posts of the same thing. I'm new here and still trying to figure out how to post and add my photo to my posts.
    I'm new here and I wanted to say "Hi".

I'm Trish and my husbands name is Steve. He was officially diagnosed with ALS at Johns Hopkins on February 10, 2014. His dad passed away from ALS and we have since learned that two of his dads brothers also passed away from ALS so he has done the DNA testing and we are waiting for the results.
    Steve is 53 and I am 50 years old and we have a 15 year old daughter.
    He got his BiPap machine on July 11, 2014 and he will be getting a PEG tube July 23, 2014.

We used to live in SoCal (Southern California). We moved to Maryland in May of 2013 for his job which he had to stop on June 2, 2014.
    We bought a house here in MD in April, 2014.

We also have a zoo of 2 cats, Emma a Mackerel Tabby who is approximately 3 1/2 years old and Gracie a Maine Coon who is approximately 2 years old plus Our Chocolate Labrador Rose who is about 15 months old and Buddy our Golden Retriever who is 8 months old. They adopted me.

Very Respectfully,
    Trish
    We just bought a house here in MD in April and are almost done remodeling it to make it easier to get around using the Hoyer Lift and his spiffy motorized wheelchair as he can no longer walk. We do need to get a house generator due to the weather here which is so different from SoCal but it's nice to actually have seasons that change.

We also have a zoo of 2 cats, Emma, 3 1/2 years old and Gracie, 2 years old plus Our Chocolate Labrador Rose who is about 15 months old and Buddy our Golden Retriever who is 8 months old.
    I'm honestly not sure what to write, I guess I joined here because the rest of our family is still in CA and we are here just trying to make the most of each day and cope, every once in awhile I even sleep. :)
    I'm new here and I wanted to say "Hi".

My name is Trish and my husbands name is Steve. My husband was originally diagnosed with Foot Drop in July of 2012 and had a Lumbar Laminectomy. I had told the surgeon and neurologist about his dad passing away from ALS but they said it wasn't that. After losing a lot of muscle and so on he was officially diagnosed with ALS at Johns Hopkins on February 10, 2014. We have since learned that two of his dads brothers also passed away from ALS so he has done the DNA testing and we are waiting for the results, mostly because he has two brothers, a sister and we have a teen daughter.
    Steve is 53 and I am 50 years old.

He just got his BiPap machine on Friday July 11, 2014 and we go in for a consultation for a feeding tube tomorrow July 17, 2014.
    We used to live in SoCal (Southern California). We moved to Maryland in May of 2013 for his job which he had to stop on June 2, 2014.

Very Respectfully,
    Trish
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back