Bad Balance
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Just dropped by to say Hello! I am going to go visit my dad next weekend Oct 10th. Can't wait to see him. He just turned 80 on Sept 11th. He is doing so-so for having ALS. He isn't going to be running any marathons but he sure could be alot worse. He has a very good attitude which helps him get through the bad days. My brother takes him out quite a bit to the movies and he goes to my nieces volleyball games. We are waiting for him to get his van from the VA any day now. Paperwork hold up. Take care, Kim (Skipper)
    I was sorry to hear about your choking incident. That had to be scary alright. If we have a family gathering while eating we don't talk too much to dad until after we are done. We don't want him to get distracted and eat too fast. Take care, Kim
    Thanks so much, Jerry! I'm used to work as a health care researcher -- and while I worked with individuals having neurological diseases and co-morbid depression and/or anxiety. Mostly M.S. and ALS, however. I don't believe I ever worked with anyone having PLS or HSP (except me!)....be well. Glad to hear you are healing! Kind regards, Mike
    All healed now....just putting off that chair as long as possible.
    Fell while using my cane.
    Thanks for your kind words
    You are so knowledgable, I enjoy your posts
    Hi jerry,i was away a lot before Christmas so looking through past threads I read about your accident.
    Boy,you knocked your head real good. Hope it is healing well. Do you have a walker? If not maybe you should get one. please be careful your such a dear man and would hate to see you really injured.
    Take real good care jerry.
    ps,how did you escape my friend request radar ,,sending you one.
    Just want to wish you a merry Christmas and happy new year...You are an inspiration to me and so many here!
    Hello,
    my name is SONIA ABDUL,i am a young beautiful girl with a lovely heart . i saw your profile today and like to be your friend,You can write to me direct in my email( [email protected] ) so that i will send more of my photo to you and tell you more about me.
    ( [email protected] )
    Hello Bad Balance from Roswell, GA!

My husband Robert was diagnosed with PLS Feb 2011. He'd probably has had pls for at least eight years before the diagnosed. He is 82 now but was very active in his younger years.
    Progression of the pls seems to be accelerating...especially balance, weakness, spasticity, and voice.
    He still writes a weekly column with his left hand since his right hand and arm are completely useless.
    This is the first time I've been on this forum so I'm somewhat casting about for information. But I saw you were from Atl and thought you might be a friend and resource and someone with whom I could hook Robert up.
    Also wondering what type of symptoms you have and the progression of your pls, what type of therapies you use and drugs you take. Robert doesn't use any drugs at this point.
    It's good to find you, Jerry! Hope you're feeling well!
    Hi there. My home is in Atlanta, though I am currently overseas. I've just been diagnosed (11July13) and am still coming to terms with everything. How do you manage on a daily basis. I'm struggling with that.

Rob
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back