A
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Whimsey,

I had a tearful conversation with my daughter (17) tonight. She liked a boy and did not tell him about her dad until recently. Then he dumped her because she was "too emotional".

When my daughter found out her Dad had died she was devastated. (She was on a school trip to Eurpoe.) Teens think they are invincible. Nothing will happen to them. I don't know what you can do. Obisoulsy your son is finding this too hard to deal with so he's not dealing. My daughter told me that's what some of her friends do.

My thoughts are with you.
    hi anneinma,

I gave my husband his father's day gift and card and he cried. I held him for a while. His son was over and I thought he was going to spend most of the day w/ him but he didnt. That upset me. If there was any day to spend time with their father it should be today. He is 18 and I dont think has any ideal how devistating this disease is for his father. In all reality I dont think he realizes his father may not be here next year. I keep telling him he needs to spend as much time w/ his father as possible. He says I know and then doesnt. He will be staying with us for a few days a week now though to do an internship this summer. I was hoping he could help out a little but he's never there even when he's suppose to be, so there went that idea.

I do hope he see's things for how they are and chooses to spend more time with his father. I dont want him to have any regrets over this.

I do hope your day is going well, and your daughters too.

My heart goes out to you and your family. Remember all the good times, and thank you for keeping us in your thoughts.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back