skipper66
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• I'm still hanging in there. Not much to complain about, just not that kind of personality. Do you use Internet Explorer or Firefox?
    Hi Kim! Just checking in to see how you are doing and say hi. Did you figure out your extra ads showing up on the forum? What general part of IL do you live? I have a cousin and aunt out there kinda south central. One of our trips between CO and MI we took that direction to do the Arch in St. Louis. That was fun.
    I agree, we had 70 degrees on saturday and freezing rain, snow and sleet on sunday. I am so ready for spring. Ready for camping and fishing.

I think your son will get over his maddness about the computer. Homework is always first. My husband took my dad to the dr in St Louis today and should be back soon. My dad looks so bad and thin and gaunt. This is so hard. Oh well I know we all have to go sometime I just wish there didn't have to be suffering involved.

I hope you have a good week. Happy St. Patrick's Day. Kiss a blarney stone for me.
    Hi Kim,
    Ya, I was gone for awhile, my previous tobii had some issues. Got a new one, working well for me.
    Glad dad's getting out, it's important for mental health.
    The winter here has been terrible, so, really need the nicer weather to come quick.
    Im still progressing, but I feel great.
    You take care, nice to here from you.
    Things are alright, Kim. Have the house listed and am ready to move into town when it sells. I sold my land but now have the house and ten acres.
    Hope you, your family but mostly your dad, are doing alright.

Probably won't be back here for a while so take care. Yasmin.
    Kim how did the bible study go? I have not been able to go to one in a very long time and miss them very much. Of course a person can study the bible on their own, but I love to hear what others get from a certain passage. One of the things I just recently heard and had never considered before, was :
    Matthew 16:24-26
    New International Version (NIV)
    24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.
    Jesus had not been crucified yet obviously, but was letting them know how he would die, and come back to life.
    I had only understood that we would have troubles as Christians, and may have to give up some of our comforts to serve him, but he was also giving us a foreshadowing of what was to come.
    Paulette
    How are you doing? Hoping your son is getting over missing the baseball team. I hope you are coping with the separation, it does take a while. You continue to be in my prayers.
    Paulette
    Things are stable with me except arms getting weaker can't pick my nose :) We never got a winter in SoCal.
    I mostly write blogs now..i have my own opusonemedia.blogspot.com and I ghost write for 8 others. it keeps me out of trouble and actually helps my psyche such as it is...you should try it...i do it every day at 6am until i poop out and it is an easyway to write a bit at a time...it is a good thing for me anyway
    Kim,
    We're hanging in there! A little more progression (I still think that's a dumb word!) in my speech troubles, but all things considered I am one of the lucky, slow-moving ALS types. Still walking and the arms work too, albeit slower and weaker than ever.
    Hope the weather holds and your Dad has many warm days to cruise the streets in his pwc! Yeah, the ice and snow have been a pain this winter. I blame the folks who sang "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow" all through the Christmas season!!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back