skipper66
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• hi Kim,
    Springtime will be here soon, and we will be turning the clocks up. Believe it or not this somehow causes temperatures to move up too.
    Hello! Fun to get your message! Hope you're doing ok!! Spring is just around the corner! Yea! Thinking of you on this journey! You're a wonderful person!
    Thanks Skipper, good to be remembered. Know your in a tough spot between your dad's ALS and your rocky marriage but hoping for the best for both
    I just re opened. Didn't 'know it was closed. Maybe tea closed cuz too many pages? If it closes again - just open a new thread!
    Just stopping in to say hello. Hope you are hanging in there. I have been getting weaker, but still able to do most things for myself.
    Hi Kim. Just saw your message, busy week with my son's family visiting. It was a really nice birthday for Tom. He needs some happiness, this illness really gets him down. He's still in the trial, no side effects so far, but no visible benefits either that I can see - although he hasn't declined very much, so maybe it's slowing things down? He has a pretty slow progression anyway so I can't really say. He's been eating more but I think he just decided to not totally give up on food, I don't think it's a sign that he's any better. He drinks rich milkshakes and some if his favorite food minced up. It's a struggle with a lot of coughing and choking but he manages. His feeding tube is still the source of most of his nourishment. I see more atrophy in his right shoulder but he's still swinging a golf club! He gets fatigued more but just slows himself down to rejuvenate. What a disease, huh? Take care! Nancy
    Happy Valentines back at ya. I had a nice one too. Got flowers and one of my favorite lotions. Making chocolate fondue for the family. Dipping bananas, strawberries, pound cake and marshmallows. Yummo!!
    Hi Kim! I'm so sorry about your dad. It must be so hard to watch him go through this. Thank you for welcoming me, it took awhile for me to join and I'm not exactly sure why. I appreciate your prayers and I will also pray for you and your dad. Thanks again for the warm welcome and hugs back at ya!!!
    Hi Kim, I am very sorry to hear about your divorce. I hope you are okay and have supportive family and friends. I haven't been on in so long, keeping busy, but always have my Mom, this forum, and ALS on my mind. My family is doing well, kids are growing and keeping me busy. My Mom has been gone for over a year now and I miss her so much, still can't believe it. Take care of yourself, Patty
    Hello Kim;
    So sorry to hear that your marriage is having problems. Yes a legal separation is a very good idea as it protects both of you from debts incurred after the split. I am afraid I do know about divorce and I wish that it didn't happen. Was married 23 years when my first husband hit mid life crisis. He had been a very good husband, but changed so much I thought he had a brain tumour, and would not consider therapy. Years went by and he finally did realize that he had been going through a depression, and truly regretted breaking his vows. But by that time I had moved on, and now realize that we are better apart. If you can, for your kids try to remain friendly. Anything negative said about their parent hurts them, as they know that 50% of them is made from each parent. If you need to talk I am here for you.
    Paulette
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back