G
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Gerri, just wanted to say hi really. We haven't really talked together here, and you don't post often, but when I saw your post appreciating some humour I just felt to make personal contact with you. xx Tillie
    Hey Janie! Was thinking of you and wanted to check in and see how you are doing?i am a PEG person now too. I look forward to hearing from you. Hugs
    Hi Janie, Glad you got your PEG tube in and are back home. Sounds like it wasn't as big a deal as they envisioned it to be due to your previous surgery. Thank you for letting me know. I have decided to have one placed as well. Too challenging to drink any liquids and hard to take pills and supplements. How was the surgery? Much pain? Now that I have made up my mind to get a PEG I want it NOW. My pulmonary function tests were borderline qualifiying me for a bipap so I am on day 5 of that. I figured it was best to get used to it before I absolutely needed it. I am quite a scene carrying all the airway carryons through security and on the plane. Oh, I also started on the Deannes Protocol yesterday. Wont hurt me and may help me. Hugs
    Hi Gerri, I Got my PEG tube in and am back home, I think it's going to be a good thing. I won't have to swallow all those pills and vitamins, don't have to worry about drinking so much, I can still eat, hope you are doing well. Janie
    Hi Gerri,
    My family sent me to Dallas in November as a birthday gift, I got to see the Kennedy museum and the George W Bush museum, also the Dallas Cowboy statium, weather was perfect. I too am getting the peg even though I am gaining weight my breathing is worse, mine is not going to be easy, I have a mesh lining across my stomach, they said a surgeon would have to insert the peg, you are in my prayers, please pray for me also, HUGS Janie
    Hi Gerri,
    We sound similar in our condition, my voice is going away but still can be understood, I don't like to speak anymore because of the slur, I am in the process of obtaining disabilty, so confusing! I was a real estate agent and you can't do that if you can't speak. I had a cold in Feb of this year and started noticing that I choked on mostly liquids, now I still get around but my breathing is very shallow, I am supposed to get a cough assist and trigolgy machine, my official diagnoses was June 2013, weird, I was cutting my own grass this spring, now I can barely walk around the house without getting out of breath. Like you said, I went to my first ALS clinic and most people are much worse off than I.
    Hi Gerri,
    My name is Kim and I'm 47. I am on this site because my father who will turn 79 in September has ALS. He was diagnosed in May of '12. We have three children. Our twins (boy/girl) will turn 16 in September and our youngest son will turn 10 in November. I work as a switchboard operator at our local hospital. Write and tell me about yourself if you'd like. Take care, Kim
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back