A
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Amy,
    How did you deal with your first Mother's Day without your mom? My mom passed in February and Mother's day is fast approaching and giving me anxiety thinking about it. Any advice is welcomed.
    Thanks
    Andrea
    by the way i am trying to give the machine i bought for her which she only used a couple of times, its a suction machine, it cost me like 400.00 but i dont want to sell it, if you know anyone that needs one i have one. she hated it she never wanted to use it, but it helped with her saliva and i was always afraid of going too back on her throat. well please keep in touch give your dad lots of love...
    Amy
    Hi Kim, noce to hear from you i havent posted anything but i do come and read how everyone is doing, im glad your dad is maintaining. My holidays have not been very good, i miss my mom soo much, but its like you said we need to keep up for our kids sake, even though my daughter is not doing very well with this she is 23 but my mom has always lived with us so she was very close to her, i have even been thinking of taking her to get some help, she wont talk about my mom at all, she cant she will cry uncontrolably and i try to comfort her but she feels so sad, well we all do. the 16th will be a year of her passing...she is now HOME with God.
    Hi Amy,
    I just wanted to stop by and wish you Merry Christmas. I know it is going to be sad for you this year. But, hopefully fond memories of your mother will warm your heart. My dad is staying steady for the time being but you never know when that will change with this damn disease. I'm going to go see him for a few days the first of January. This will be only the second Christmas in my 47 years of age that I haven't spent with my dad. It wil be hard on me and I hope I can keep my composure for my kids sake. Take care, Kim
    Hi Kim - wow thats great news about your dad, i wish there was something like that for my mom...i think about her everyday...and now with the Holidays its not good at all, but i need to move forward my daughter is getting married in november 2014, she is very ecxited as so am i, i know my mom will be there with us in spirit...hows everything with you going .....how has your dad been ?
    keep in touch...lots of love and health to your family..
    Amy
    Hi Amy,
    How are things going with you and your family? My dad's progression seems to be staying about the same for the time being. He is in a clinical trial of a drug called Achtar (sp?). Only 40 people are in this trial. He hasn't had any bad side affects yet. It is too early to tell if its doing any good or not. He is hoping that even if it doesn't help him it will help in research for finding a cure. Take care, Kim
    Lussybaby, this is very weird to me, i dont think its appropriate for me to send you anything to your personal email, this site is for people that have real issues that have or have loved ones diagnosed with this horrible disease...
    does anyone know who this lussybaby is, and should i report her ?? or him ??
    Hi Amy,
    Thinking of you. Does your family have plans for the 4th? I have to work until 6 tomorrow but then I will go to the fireworks with my family. The 4th isn't my favorite holiday since my mom passed away 16 years ago on July 6th. The last time we had a family dinner was on the 4th.
    My dad is currently in Dallas, Texas visiting my brother and sister until the 8th. I miss him but am glad he is having a mini-vacation. He's been out to eat a few times and has gone to the movies. He loves going to the movies. My mom and dad owned movie theatres in our town while I was growing up
    Take care, Kim
    Hi Amy,
    Thanks so much for responding. My mom is still really strong. She uses a walker, but not really all the time. She mainly needs it because her balance is not good. I help her shower but she can still do day to day stuff by herself. I know your mom had FTD, and that must have been so difficult. My mom doesn't have that - and when I read the forums I am so thankful that aside from the lack of speech and swallowing issues my mom is still doing pretty good. That is what is hardest for me, not knowing if/when things will change and how abruptly. A big part of me wishes that God takes her before the breathing goes and before a lot of weakness sets in. I remember what you said and I do tell her I love her every time I go out the door. I just wish ALS wasn't her final chapter.
    Hi Amy,
    I know you aren't on here all the time anymore. I just wanted to tell you that I think of you and read your posts about your mom to guide me as I am caring for my mom. My mom is 86 and has bulbar onset. She is still very strong but she uses a walker and has a peg for feeding as she cannot swallow. Her speech is unintelligible but she is still strong enough to write things down for us. It is hard not knowing how much longer I will have her with me, or how much worse she will get. I just can't stand the thought of her becoming even more uncomfortable than she already is. I hope you are well and have found some peace after losing your mom. From your posts I can tell that the two of you had a special relationship. Thanks for listening.
    Hi Amy,
    Just dropped by to say Hi! Hope things are going a little better for you. I loved how you decorated your mom's grave for Easter. I can't believe that it will be 16 years this summer that my mom passed away. It still hurts but I am able to smile a little easier when I think of her by remembering all the good times. I am comforted by the fact that she's not suffering anymore. Take care of yourself. I care and understand. Kim
    Hi Amy,
    Thinking of you! Hoping you and your family are doing ok. I know you are missing your mom. My mom has been gone for almost 16 years and I miss her everyday. Her birthday is April 1st. Take care, Kim
    You and your family are in my prayers Amy. I was so sorry to hear of the passing of your mother. Kim
    Hi Amy,
    Thinking of you! Wish there was something I could do to help. Please know your family will be in my prayers. Kim
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back