affected
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hi Tillie,
    I am thinking of you two as well. You are in my prayers. Move over Casey. I want to give her a hug as well. Kim
    Tillie,
    I just want you to know, I'm thinking about you guys.
    Sending you positive thoughts and hugs.
    Tillie,

Thank you for your comforting words! Dad was not able to walk anymore....his decline from one month in the hospital was sudden. But you are correct, this is a cruel disease. I always say he was given a death sentence. Had it been some other illness, at least we could have fought.

I pray, I cry. As my short time I realized how hideous this disease is. My dad showed signs of swallowing difficulty or inability to cough or sneeze at full force.....and even then for me was unbearable. But for you, you deal with this everyday. I hope you have support, one that is helpful and trustworthy. Your PALS seems to be keeping his chin up when dealing with these issues. He appreciates your caring for him. May the promise of Spring bring better days.
    Just received the FOIA request from the Chicago Fire Department. It confirms that they were called to the house to assist an invalid patient. We were told that he had fallen in the house, about six hours or so after he arrived home from the hospital. All of this information wasn't even relayed to us by the ex-wife of 40 years/my mother. I wonder now if this attributed to his sudden death?
    Can't believe I didn't thank you for the birthday wishes...

So here is a belated Thank you!!!
    Tillie, as I was doing research, reading watching videos etc......the info was all the same. PURE DEVASTATION! is what I call it. I will see how it goes, as I think I may need this group to help me through the grieving process as well as the anger I feel brewing. I will pray and pray, for you, your husband and all those affected with this horrific disease. My support will continue!
    Wow Tillie, I can't believe I am actually typing this.....but my father lost his battle. I just joined this group, he was just released yesterday (2/21/14) and now this. I knew things were going downhill but this soon. , why did the hospital or doctors release him? The caregiver said his urine was dark like chocolate....the nurse came in for a breathing treatment some time (Saturday) which caused him to be very tired...I just wonder if she worked him to strenuously. The caretaker said he was red in the face....the disease had already attacked his diaphragm. WTF!!!!! (Sorry) I just do not understand why the doctor's did not have a better handle of the situation?
    Thank you!!! Just had a good cry over a mushy card from my hubby. Crying causes hyper ventilating... Ha! This bulbar thing is annoying - best I travel with a paper bag today! Ha!
    Been out of the loop. Joe was in hsp for bowel obstruction. Ok for now. Still hasn't pooped since he came home on Thursday. Hopefully today. What happen with Victim?
    Thinking of u and hope u r well. Wishing u lots of love, happiness and peace for the New Year..
    I wanted to know that I have been praying for you, and hope that you were able to find some joy in this special time of the year. You are a strong person, and will be even stronger when this is all over. You can always hold your head up and know that you loved inspire of the difficulties, and know that God sees every moment. Every sacrifice, every loving act in time of hardship is another jewel in your crown. I will be praying that you will find joy & happiness in the New Year.
    Paulette
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back