AfraidButNotAlone

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hi Rob,
    How are you doing? My dad went to his ALS clinic on Friday. They said his progression has stayed the same since his last check-up. They aren't sure if the acthatar(sp?) is helping or not. But, he hasn't had any ill side affects from it and since he's been on it there hasn't been any significant progression. He said only 40 people in the whole U.S. are in the trial. He said one lady went off of it and rapidly declined.
    We had a squirrel get into our house. We finally managed to get him out after several days.
    Hi Rob,
    How are things going with you? I talked to my dad this morning. He's doing pretty good. He was happy because it was nice out the other day that he went out in his pwc for a couple of hours and got some fresh air. It was 80 in Dallas on Saturday and then Sunday the temperature dropped dramatically and they had a icestorm. They didn't have school today. We had ice and snow here to in central Illinois too and the kids are out of school today. Come on spring! Take care, Kim
    Hi Rob,
    Hope you are having a nice Valentine's day with your family. My dad is doing pretty well. His progression seems to have slowed down alot. He is still in the clinical trial of Acthar (Sp?) He thinks it hasn't made any difference. But, he hasn't gotten any worse so it may be doing some good. I personally think that stem cells are the best chance that's out there so far. We got more snow again today. I really hate winter. You can all remind me I said that this summer when I complain about how hot it is. lol Take care, Kim
    Hi Rob,
    I was wondering if you are in or going to be in any of the clinical trials? Glad you are enjoying being home. I am anxious for spring to get hear. It has been a brutal winter. Take care, Kim
    Rob, I think you and my husband would get along very well, and you would both keep me moaning. Tim loves word plays, and is very good at it, as well as having a very hokey sense of humour.
    He loved the jokes, and I moaned, but that is part of the fun.
    Paulette
    Hi Rob,
    How are things with you? Are you still at home with your family or did you have to go back? I had a really nice time visiting with my dad and my side of the family though the visit was too short. We drove back in really bad weather. My dad is excited because he's getting some elevated type toilet through the VA. He said it should help him out alot. If they send me a pic of it and I can figure how to do it I'll post it on the forum in case it could help others. However, it's expensive at around $1500. Take care, Kim
    Hi Rob,
    Happy New Year. Hope you are enjoying time with your family. I'm headed to see my dad tomorrow. Yeah! Take care, Kim
    I hope that God blessed you this Christmas, and will continue into the NewYear. Family is so amazing, and I know that this disease is a true challenge, but I know that there is a gift in it as well, as our family drops all their walls and let their feelings be known. Waiting for pictures.
    I hope you had a wonderful holiday, Me, it was great, had warmth and love and that's all I need right now. Hope you are well!!!!!!!! Ruby
    Just want to wish you a merry Christmas and happy new year...You are an inspiration to me and so many here!
    Hi Rob,
    Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas. Love chatting with you on here. Take care, Kim
    I hope you are enjoying your time at home. Nothing better than being in the bosom of family and friends. I wish you a warm and loving holiday season. Love your posts and humor.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back