D
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• What seems to stop the toe from doing anything is when i touch it with my hand or have a bath. It just seems very strange, and the fact that the same toe on the other foot vibrates occasionally too now.

I dont know if its just me getting older as i am 27 now but sometimes expanding hand and closing it makes like a creaking sound, and sometimes the same with my toes/feet, is that normal? Doesnt happen all the time. or if you spread your hand out tightly sometimes it feels like something is moving in your hand like a little bug - is that just blood flow? Sorry to be a pain, i appreciate any feedback you give me as I understand you're not a doctor but i dont really have anyone else to talk to about it.
    Hi Vicki,

How was your weekend? I hope you had a good one. Mine was OK played football/soccer today in horrendous conditions. And I am now stiff as a tree. I had to stop taking the Paroxetine that the doc game me due to weird symptoms such as lump in throat followed by uncontrollable yawning which resulted in a tremor in my head with teeth chittering. Really weird.The hand, forearm sensations have stopped for the time being which is good, but guess what my twitching toe is still there. I also noticed now if i lift my foot up at an angle sometimes the front part of foot( both feet) and toes start going crazy until i stop that angle. its so strange. The other day the bottom of my foot was so hot, but i never feel like i cant walk or do anything on my feet. I said to my other half. Is it neuropathy do you think and she said "No i've seen neuropathy, some people struggle to walk"
    I don't think it is als. Without tests you wont' know what is going on. I go to a university hospital. I think they tend to listen more. I have to go 125 miles one way to see my dr but it is worth it.
    Hi Dave

Have you had a emg/nvc on your legs? I have neuropathy in my feet. I don't have twitching in the toes like you do but a numb/vibrating sort of sensation and when walking one or both feel like I am slipping on ice. I use a cane so I don't fall.

Maybe instead of the antianxiety meds they could put you on a med like I take to settle or quiet the nerves that are irritated. I take gabapentin. I take it to stop the crawling, itching stinging and pain sensations I have with my mitochondrial myopathy.

You have to be your own advocate, you know your body and if you truly feel there is something wrong other than anxiety then find a dr who will listen. That is the main thing. I went through 2 Gps, immunologist, and 3 neuros before I got my answers and it took 5 years.

If you have any questions I will be more than happy to try and answer them for you.

Vicki
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back