S
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yeah I also had to makr funeral arrangements but honestly I dont plan on goin I just cant. My mind gets like that alot and then I start crying I go siy in my car and cry cause I dont wany my kids to c me crying
    My advice try to rest anytime u can I know u may think it's hard to rest because u have so much to do but u must rest go for walks do things for urself or u will lose it. I was takin xanax which also help me calm down a bit. I am currently not takin them anymore dont have time to run to the doctor every week. I realized that my mom doesnt need me by her side 24/7. I used to fear slewping in another room because I thought she would die without me but I realized I was wrong... some people tell me that I should put my mom in hospice or nursing home but I cant because I know my mom would never have turned her back on me. I have put my mother before work kids relationship and maybe thats not the best way but I dont want to have any regrets... when my mom takes her last breath. I wanted to also mention that I was able to quit my job and get paid for 40 hours a week thru a program called personal preference funded thru medicaid if u have any questions msg me any time
    I have her in a hospital bed in the dining room. I used to use a baby monitor but as my mom declined it is hard to look at her while she is sleeping and the baby monitor amplifies the sound the vent makes so I just rather not use it. Through the years I have learned so much people who I thought were my friends weren't my life has changed so much. Yes im very tired but I go to the movies every few months in the late evenings. when I see my mom smile I feel like everything is goin to be ok. My mom smiles every now and then. I have a huge family but im so angry its like im just sick of people most of the time they dont help but all have an opinion and I dont want to hear it. Im also studying to become nurse but took a semester off because I was feeling overwhelmed.
    Well I have my moments where I think I cant even look at my mom anymore like I just wake up and can't move but then I think how I have to get up because she is defensive and counts on me. I have a 19 year old son and a 13 year old daughter who I have shown how to suction my mom so when I have to run out to supermarket or just need some air they r ok with suctioning her. My mom sleeps thru the night most of the time unless she has alot of mucus then the vent will beep alerting me she needs suctioning. I try to sleep and just check her as much as I can sometimes I sleep in my living room so I can be closer to her
    Thanks for responding. My husbands vent only has a MDI that I put 2 puffs of an inhaler in. So I'm not familiar with anything else. He is on a peg and is able to eat. With the fear of choking, I limit that to 1 meal a day.

How in the world have you been able to handle this for so long? I had my sister -in
    Thanks for responding. My husbands vent only has a MDI that I put 2 puffs of an inhaler in. So I'm not familiar with anything else. He is on a peg and is able to eat a little.

How in the world have you been able to handle this for so long? I had my sister -in-law living with me for 4 months. Found out she was getting into his Lortab. That's all I needed right. She is no longer with us so I have had it all myself. I am emotionally and physically drained by the end of the day. He is bedridden so I have a CNA that comes over 2 hours on Monday,Wednesday and Friday to help me bath him and put him the chair.

My sons 40 and 33 are terrified of the vent. They have had to watch me bag him on occasions and don't want anything to do with the vent. I am trying to teach my sister how to suction him so I can at least walk around the block.

We do what we do out of love. I wouldn't have it any other way. He is the love of my life and watching this is heartbreaking.
    Hi I wanted to asked is ur husband on a vent? I replied to ur question about mucus plugs. I hope that helps I also know a bit about feeding tubes if u ever have any questions. I am my mother's only care giver she was diagnosed in 2008.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back