ottawa girl
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Elaine, I'm amazed at the number of people who post about concerns of having ALS because of assorted symptoms. On my path from an ortho doc to a spine doc to my neuro doc the thought of ALS never crossed my mind until my neuro doc mentioned it. Enjoy your honest posts.
    THANK YOU, I DO THINK THAT SOME HELP TO BREATHE WOULD HELP ME SOME. bEEN HAVING A LOT OF STRESS MY MOM PASSED AWAY AT 11 LAST NITE A HEARTATTACK. RUBY
    Well enough about that stuff. How was your summer? Out here in Vancouver we had one of the driest summers on record. I had bought a boat last year in an auction and so this year spent as many weekends as I could on it just relaxing and fishing. It is older but has full head with shower, stove,oven fridge and microwave and lots of room. Caught lots of crab this year as well. Soon the rainy season will come.. but I think I may go and still spend time on the boat even just moored it is relaxing.
    take care I really appreciate speaking with you.
    Lee
    I know you are right about the doctor.. but he is cannot even contain his smile when he told me I have als. he shoved one needle in my tongue and said I have weak signal coming. From then on he made his mind up...I don't know if one needle shoved in can tell if you have als but his mind was made up even before that needle. I still have the real emg coming in October. After the emg I will find a new guy.
    Hi Elaine,
    My dad is going to be taking some type of injections for his ALS. When I find out more I will let everyone know about it. Hope you have a good week. Thanks for all your help and advice on things. God bless you, Kim
    How are you? Just checking in. Me same I think. I do have twitches in my arms and shoulders and back and seems to get very bad when I am upset. Strength wise though no change... had the twitches now for 2 months and I am still benching 320lb.. hand strength and shoulder strength the same or stronger now that I am back at gym. So I am waiting to see how long the twitches last before I start to lose strength. Still waiting until October for the emg.. I did find out that the neuro I am see is considered an idiot by most people who have seen him. So after the emg I will go to someone else. How is your swallowing? I don't know but my voice seems to be more understandable ...still tires easy. Swallowing no change except now while drinking I do not click anymore.. a couple months ago when swallowing I would be a little loud.. now I am back to being quieter.
    take care
    Lee
    how do you cope when something new happens? My legs are like jello today, combined with a brick. I know that makes no sense, but as of this morning, I can not move my legs without significant help. I am panicking.
    I'm going to post my EMg results. I requested from my doctor. The Reason why I cannot put this behind me is because my EMG has some things on it I'm not sure of and I would like to try to clear up even though my doctor said do not worry about it you don't have ALS but inside my heart I don't know if I can believe that now that I have this EMG in front of me maybe some people here will be able to shed some light on these things going to do it now
    Bill
    Hi Elaine,
    One of my forum friends Ruby (Betterdays) asked me what a bi-pap is one my wall. Would you please reply to her and explain it or tell her what link to use? Dad used one at first but no longer needs it. I don't think I know enough about them really to tell her and she said Dr. said they think she's in final stages. Thanks, Kim
    Hello there I am just coming on and asking everyone I can think of to please say a prayer for me and the family of my best friend who suddenly passed away yesterday morning, she was only 44 and left behind two sons one 13 and one 5, very sad days ahead for me!! Thank you so much!!
    How are you? How is the throat? I still have overa month yet to the emg. hi... I need to talk to someone.... it is another month before the emg.
    Can I ask you a question... my voice will go from not being able to be understood if I am angry, nervous or upset to very understandable ...just a little nasaly and maybe a little slow if I am calm. If I am not worried about being understood my voice will get very good. I was at the swallowing clinic as per doctors orders.. have no issues swallowing or drinking..just harder to move food around in my mouth as tongue is slow and not as responsive. The therapist there noted that as I was speaking with her my voice was hard to understand then went to very easy to understand.. like she said I had a nasal sound but everything else was good as I relaxed with her. We spoke for about an hour. Any idea why my voice jumps around so much from hour to hour and day to day? No other symptoms...actually getting stronger. thanks
    Lee
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back