C
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Yasmin,
    Happy Easter to you! Hope you are doing ok. My dad is doing reasonably well for having ALS. Progression currently at a standstill. We are so thankful he is a veteran. They have bent over backwards with everything. Take care and thanks for keeping us updated on Elaine as well. Kim
    Hi Yasmin,
    Hope things are going ok for you. My dad is doing pretty well for the time being but we all know that could change drastically any minute. He is hoping to come home for at least a little while this summer and see how it works out. I would love to have him back in our town but I also want him to get good care. Take care, Kim
    Hi Yasmin,
    Thinking of you! Hope you are doing ok. My dad's progression seems to currently be at a standstill right now. As you know yourself its hard to gauge with this monster. My brother and sister have been really good about getting him out and taking him places. I hope to go see him some time around the holidays or first of the year. I really hate this cold weather. I'm just hoping we don't have alot of ice storms this year. I'm a big chicken when it comes to ice. Take care, Kim
    Hi Yasmin,
    Hope things are going well for you. My dad is currently living in a assistant living facility in Dallas. He has adjusted well to it except he doesn't like their cooking. But, he jokes that he hasn't lost any weight. Dad is going to start a clinical trial in a few weeks. He also got good news from the VA today and they are going to start paying a bigger part of his expenses for his care. I know he has been worried about all the costs. Take care, Kim
    Just stopped by to say Hi! Hope you are enjoying your summer so far. We are anxious to go swimming in my dad's pool. We have been having alot of rain and it's finally starting to stay warm. It is the latest we have ever waited to use it. Dad was able to go outside and sit by the pool. Something he hasn't down for well over a year he enjoyed it. Dad is slowly trying out his first power wheelchair that he got the other day from the VA. They have been great to him and we are so grateful. Take care, Kim
    Hi! How are things going for you? I'm doing ok. Dad's progress seems to currently to be at a standstill for the time being. He has been enjoying getting out to a few baseball games of my boys. My brother and nephew are here this weekend for a very brief visit. My dad is going out to eat with them tonight at TGI Fridays. I told them not to distract him too much while he tries to eat. He does pretty good eating as long as he takes small bites and takes his time. Otherwise, he will gag. We have been having alot of rain here. I'm anxious for the sun to come out so we can get dad's pool ready. The kids need something to do. Take care, Kim
    Hi! How have you been? My dad seems to be staying about the same lately. Though as you know it's hard to gauge with this horrendous disease. Dad is going to be able to get out of the house tonite to go to his youngest grandson's baseball game. (Our son Eric is 9). It has been really warm and sunny here the last few days in Central Illinois. But, rain is supposed to be on its way. Yuck! Take care, Kim
    Yasmin, How have you been? I'm so busy with my husband that I hardly have time to come here. Also, I'm busy with work as a teacher. Soon, I'll have the summer off!! :) John is having so much trouble using his hands, he uses the breathing machine a lot more through the day and all night. His back bothers him, he is loosing more of his voice, and my heart breaks!! :(
    I ask God to take him before it gets really bad!
    Hi Yasmin,
    Hope your mother is adjusting to her new enviroment. My dad is hanging in there. My sister and niece are coming this weekend from Texas to visit him for a few days. I know your situation isn't the same as mine. But, I was wanting to know how you deal with the loneliness after losing Bob. I feel heartbroken about losing my husband to a divorce. I still love him so much and am hurting. He says he loves me too but just can't take all our fighting anymore. Do you have any advice? He will talk to our parish priest but that is about it at this point. Our kids are having a rough time too. Hope you are doing okay. Kim
    Hi Yasmin,
    Thinking of you? How is your mother doing now? My dad is doing so-so. He was thrilled to get out and attend a few high school basketball games. Take care, Kim
    Hello!
    Just stopping in to say hi as I am figuring how the forum works :)
    Take care
    S.R.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back