affected
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hello and thank you! I hope you are well. It is always nice to meet others going through similar situations...great support :)
    Hi affected,

I just looked him up in the members list (go to 'Community' on the tool bar). He is the only 'just plain' David. There are others with more letters, numbers, etc. He is also the one registered since '03, just so you get the right one.

Hope that works,
    Steve
    Hi affected,

If you have checked out everything in your 'User CP', and still cannot find a way to 'acquire' PM privileges, I suggest you write a visitor message (on his page) to 'David' (I think he is our only David). He is our moderator, 'person in charge', and the one to ask.

If you have read the 'rules' about posting, etc., assure him you will not abuse them, etc., he will probably grant PMing privileges. You will know it has been done when you hit 'send message' (under your user name) and that option is there. Should then be able to send and receive private messages to anyone who also has that option (and doesn't ave a block on theirs, etc.).

I hope that works, give him some time to get it done (you may not get a notice, as such), I think he's a busy man.

Later,
    Steve
    Oops,

I should have said, if you see 'send a private message', after you click on 'send message', you should then be good to go.
    Hi affected,

Thanks for the friend request, of course, I accepted. To get PM privileges, I think you can go to 'User CP' on the tool bar, go down to 'Edit Options', and read carefully, click the appropriate boxes....should work. If you see 'send message' under your user name, you should be good to go.

I went another route, will tell you about that if this doesn't work.

Good luck,
    Steve
    Hi affected,

I hear ya, keep on keeping on. I am here for the long haul. No one ever knows exactly how long this journey will last, but many CALS stay on long after their PALS have passed, because of the friendships you develop here.

We're all in the same boat, float, sink or swim. Stay in touch.
    Steve
    Hi! You might be interested to go to the COME TO TEA. We talk about other things on it besides ALS such as movies and other things we enjoy. Its a go way to get to know others on the forum and just hang out and relax. Hope to see you there. Kim (Skipper)
    Hi affected,

Thanks for the reply. You're right, this is a Godsend for people dealing with this monster. Having someone to ask questions to, being able to vent in a setting that understands exactly what you are feeling, making 'cyber friends'.....all of these things are so very helpful, especially to the newbies (like myself) who are completely bent out of shape when they first get the news.

Please keep joining in with your posts and questions. Soon you will have your minimum post requirement for PMing. That is another 'tool' to help fight this thing....I find it very useful. This disease is far more devastating and powerful than any one person should have to deal with by themselves. At least here you have the support that can only come from people who know your challenges.

Hang tough,
    Steve
    Hi affected,

Just though I'd drop by to see how you're doing. I've seen some of your posts, looks like you're beginning to see the benefit of this forum. It has been a great help to me, I can say that! Even we don't 'really' know each other, it feels like we do......almost better than the people we really do 'know'.

Each day lends new ideas/hope/answers/understanding/acceptance/realization/etc. It's a long and sometimes torturous process for all, and I personally think the CALS feel an extra layer of hurt and pain watching this happen to their loved ones, and not being able to do a d#*n thing to stop it. That 'helpless' feeling is killer.

Now that you know you are not alone, it somehow does make things a bit easier to cope with. Stay in touch with your new 'family', they all know the deal.

Steve
    Hi affected (aren't we all!),

Sorry you're here, but since you are, welcome. And if you are here, we all know why. We all have this Godawful common tie, in one way or another. Whether you're a PALS or a CALS (or something closely related), we're all in the same boat.

You have already seen the outpouring of support and understanding from some of the members, everyone is here for everyone else, or at least tries to be. Each person has something to offer, in their own way. Many different people, but one common enemy.

Lean hard and lean often, we all do it.

Hang tough,
    Steve
    I just wanted to stop by and say Hi! My name is Kim and my father was diagnosed a year ago with ALS. He is 78. I have three children and work as a switchboard operator at our local hospital. Our twins (boy/girl) will turn 16 in September and then our youngest will turn 10 in November. You are in my thoughts and prayers. If I can help you in anyway please let me know. I'm not my dad's caretaker so I'm not as knowledgeable as the others on here about that stuff. But, I truly understand all the emotions involved with having a loved one with this. Sending you a hug, Kim
    It doesn't show up anywhere bit on your page. If he goes in yours, he would see it. I would have to friend you to be able to invite you, I think. And, that would show up that we are friends for all to see. I know when my daughter accepts a friend request I see it.
    Hi, There is a private, closed group for Caregivers on Facebook. Write on my visitor page if you are interested in joining. Just click on my name to get to my page
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back