skipper66
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi, Kim
    Yes my grandma had it. They have the sod1 gene and a few others but so far all negative. Sorry to hear about your dad.

All the best
    I hope all goes well with the mammogram. My mom had breast cancer too. 10 years clear!! I have lumpy boobs too. No bios but had ultrasound. I was told too much caffeine. Still gotta keep an eye on em though. I will say a little prayer for you, girlfriend. Love ya.
    Thanks, Kim. I'm sorry about your dad. I'm a young mom and have a 5 year old who is my world. I want to be there for her for as long as I can. I'm hoping to get answers soon. Take care!
    thanks Kim, truly the way people have personally reached out to me here already is so lovely, I'm going to come for tea right now and have a look around there!
    I hope your yard sale is a big success. They are a lot of work, so don't over do your self. Love ya.
    Skipper, thank you so much. I will look into it. Wish the clinic would give information but they are afraid of overloading all in one pop.
    Kim-

Thanks for your note. They didn't tell me which kind of ALS my dad has but I would assume it's bulbar because his voice issues preceded his walking issues. My takes Ensure muscle once a day also because he has lost an insane amount of weight. I agree with you on prayer. I pray for the strength to get through this. I'm glad your Dad is in good spirits. I hope my Dad get there soon. He is angry, frustrated and guilty right now, which is all understandable. And yes, I am trying one day at a time.
    Hi there-

Just saying hello and wondering about your dad as my dad is also older living with ALS. Is your dad in a facility? My dad just got diagnosed and I'm kind of freaking out. Thanks for any tips. Jennifer
    thanks so much for the hello Kim, I'm getting used to the idea of becoming part of a community like this, it's all so huge, but having some contact with others in the same situation, whether the PAL is a partner or any family member or friend, I think we all go through so much of the same, and there just can't be too much support! I'm looking forward to getting to know the people here, and one day I can maybe offer some support back too. :)
    Hi Kim, I'm not on here as much as I used to be, I'm doing pretty darn good :) How are things with you? Nice to see the weather finally getting a little warmer eh?
    Your PAL,
    Darryl
    Finding good caregivers is hard to do. I hope the guy that has taken care of others works out. Will he live with your Dad? I've lost some strength and my speech is worse but we're still in good spirits. How are you doing?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back