A
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Sorry, for late respond again....just checking back in. I'm not quite sure. Dad did it while I was gone. I am assuming it was through her feeding tube because she could not swallow without choking. I am guessing Hospice could do so through injections. Since they can not be there immediately when she would need it, hoping they would let you give her an injection with the medicines. Plenty of other people to ask that are more knowledgeable than me. Is Hospice involved....I forgot? If so, they can answer that question. Sorry:( ~ Judy
    (part 2) Make sure Hospice is involved. They can give Morphine and also at the very end sedate her so she does not struggle. Let me know if you have any more questions! Enjoy each day you have as hard as it is. I would give anything to go through my hardest day with Mom if I could have her back with me, but I know because of her personal relationship with the Lord that she is in Heaven having a blast!!! Grace, peace, and mercy to you! Saying a prayer for ya'll today:) Much love ~ Judy
    (part 1) Hey Ana Maria.....sorry just checking my page and saw your note. Mom did not suffer without a ventilator. The Lord took great care of her:) She did have the bipap machine, but I don't know how much Dad used it. She did struggle to breathe at times, and she felt comfort by having her legs over the side of the bed, and she would lean all the way over her legs. We had to make sure she did not fall. In the middle of the night one night, she wanted me to get her up to sit her on the couch. The day she died and she was struggling, I asked her if she wanted me to give her something to make her feel better and she said yes. I then gave her morphine.
    I appreciate the support.
    I am still very new to the ALS forum and not sure if I am replying to the right people. I am sitting in the same room with mom who has ALS, she is watching TV. I'm trying not to cry - as I am touched by great kindness and people are relating to me. My friends say "I hope your mom gets better". I think "don't they know?". My gratitude in being able to share and to read the stories, fears, advice, encouragement from wonderful souls.
    Ana Maria,
    Since you can't stay long, let me know if I can be of any help identifying resources here to help your mom when you cannot be here. My husband is more advanced than your mom.

Best,
    Laurie
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back