ruthiep
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Ruth,
    Just stopped in to say Hello! How are things going for you and your PALS. My dad's progression has been kind of at a standstill for awhile except for his hands wanting to curve more. He has some type of brace that he wears for at least three hours a day and he gets some type of therapy to on them. I miss him alot since he's moved to Dallas. We couldn't find any decent help to take care of him here in his home town. We went through agencies, word of mouth, etc. No luck at all. Take care, Kim
    Not at all Ruth.
    You by any means crossed any line with your post.
    You told him exactly what whoever with some common sense would've told him.

Take care.

Carlos
    Thank you very much Ruth for checking in.

I was thinking of you and your PALS as I hadn't seen you online lately.
    I hope you both are doing OK.

Take care and don't forget to keep in touch, we care about you.

Carlos
    Hey Ruthiep, thanks for stopping by.
    I am doing OK.
    The only thing bothering me is this darn ankle Clonus that seems to have increased a notch since I've been spending more time sitting in a wheelchair at home than walking.
    I guess that every now and then I will have to grab the Rollator and take some little walks at home to loosen up my legs.

How is your PALS doing?

Take care, Ruth, it's always a pleasure to communicate with you.

NH
    Thanks so much, Ruthiep, from the very bottom of my humble heart. It's good to know that this forum have someone like you, very tender, very friendly, very gracious, and above all very selfless when trying to help or give advice to other people.
    Like you said, it might not be the disease we would have wanted upon anyone of us but, having it, allowed me to discover this superb forum full of wonderful and caring people which I have become to consider like my very own family.

Thanks for being such a great friend and I say to you that you can count on me for whatever you need.

May God bless you and your loved ones.

:)
    Hi Ruth,
    How are things going for you lately? My dad is doing so-so I'd say right now. It is so hard to gauge with this horendous disease. We are anxious for the weather to warm up so we can get him out more so he gets some fresh air. He enjoys watching movies on Netflix that helps pass the time. Our oldest son Matthew who is 15 likes to go over when he can and watch basketball on tv with him. My dad is also hooked on watching a show call the Antique Roadshow. He is still hoping he has something laying around in his house that might be worth millions. lol Take care and drop a line if you have time. Kim
    hey Ruth,
    yes, many of the names have changed--but it is to be expected. I miss some of the old people too. I try to be a good role model for the newbies--I can remember so well the fear and how good it was to come here and be able to ask questions and talk with people who have more experience. I wish no one ever had to join this forum (me and you included!) I know you agree--ALS SUCKS
    Hi Ruth! I am around, just trying to take a break...Very busy with work and family--things are just wearing me out!
    Hi Ruth,
    How are things going for you? My dad is back living at home now in my town. We have a family friend who has moved in with him and is his full time caregiver. We also just hired a nursing student for a back-up. Then my husband and I help as much as we can as well. My dad will be coming over to my house for Christmas Eve. It's going to be a struggle to get him in my house since I don't have a wheelchair ramp and every entrance into my house has at least two steps. My husband and his caregiver are going to probally lift him in somehow. It would probally have been easier to have it at his
    home but he wants to come to my house really bad. You and your husband are in my prayers. Merry Christmas, Kim
    My Christmas wish for you and your family is to live in Peace Harmony Laughter and Love and know how Beautiful You shine so bright with your Love and Light! I just want you know how much you mean to me ... we have never met in person, but you are known to me and stay in my heart. I feel we have been friends forever ....
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS....I FIND THESE POSTS VERY INSPIRING TO MY SOUL. THANK YOU! I AM SORRY ABOUT YOUR HUSBAND HAVING ALS...I HAVE IT TOO AND IN THE FINAL STages of als..i am on bipap 24/7, cannot speak, cannot eat, and my breathing is very bad. MY DOC SAID I SHOULD BE ON HOSPICE, BUT SO FAR GOD HAS BEEN GOOD TO ME...I SEEM TO BE DOING FINE! I AM GRATEFUL FOR EVERY DAY THAT GOD GIVES ME. MAY YOU HAVE COURAGE AND STRENGTH!
    LOVE YOU
    SHARON
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back