Barbie
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Barbie, thank you! I have my weepy moments but none of the heart-wrenching sobs I shed the last eight weeks of Rog's life. I miss him, but know that this is best. I'm trying to find a new normal and know it will take awhile. I hope things are okay with you!

Jen
    Hi Barbie! Happy Easter! Uuummm been super busy. We close on our purchase April 17and on our sale May 17. Moving on may 14. Going to France April 9-19. When I booked the trip, I thought I'd have moved by then... Best laid plans! Not sure how we'll get 'er all done but hubby says I'm not to worry. So, I'm secretly worrying. Ha! You're getting unusually cold weather eh? Hope you're warm & cozy!
    Just wanted to say hi and check in with you....I feel like the "old gang of CALS" have disappeared. Although I've only been here a couple of years, I'm not quite sure what to do with the new bunch!
    Hi Barbie, sorry I haven't been around here a lot lately...I'm getting to grips with the tears but the heartache continues, and actually, disbelief!! That it happened and so quickly, our whole future wiped out in a matter of months, and here I am, floundering, wondering how and where to start again..by myself...I'd love to keep in touch if you would by email..thanks..hope things are okay with you (as they can be)..love Mair x
    Way to go Barbie!! I have been trying to be nice and conjouling(sp) but I see it is not working on the dude from Iran. You are very good with words and very compassionate. I am glad you gave him a what for. Hugs.
    Hi Barbie,
    Thanks for your note and thinking of us! Life has spiraled out of control as Rog is confined to his pwc or bed. He has lost the use of his legs and left arm along with the fine motor muscles in his right hand. He can't communicate very well and it's frustrating. I am not the world's greatest caregiver, so we are muddling through... I do have round the clock aides as it takes two of us to maneuver him... I do stop by but I am truly overwhelmed so it'll be awhile before I'm truly active again!

Hugs,
    Jen
    Hey Barbie, thanks, You have been through alot too, I wish none of us had to go through so much with this disease..If you ever need to talk, let me know and I will send you my # :)
    Hi Barbie! Wow! The words of encouragement were a huge boost, but coming from you, especially so! The admiration is mutual, I assure you. We are all in the same boat, so to speak, but we are all so different, too. About the FTD....very easy to see the extra challenges, but I also see the blessings. My darling has no idea that ALS will end his life. He sees his changes (he's now bedridden and has been mute for 1.5 years) but isn't able to put them together and draw any conclusions. This makes it so possible for me to greet him with a "Good Morning! It's beautiful outside and it's going to be a wonderful day!" And then he makes it so. Nice, huh? I think attitude makes such a difference on this road so I try to keep mine positive by staying in the moment and keeping in touch with all the wonderfully supportive people here.

I'm so happy you've written today and I value your words more than you know. Fondly, Shelly.
    Hi Barbi,

First off, I love your Avatar. From reading several of your posts, I think it says a lot about your personality. I admire that. You are also very knowledgeable and helpful to everyone who has questions for you. I can see that you are one of the leaders in this forum, and I hope you too are receiving some strength and support from the others here.....I know you are.
    Anyway, just poking my nose it to say hi. I'm another newby, comparatively, and still learning my way around the forum......lots to learn. I am very glad that it is here for all of us, many thanks to whoever is responsible for it's creation (is it Dave?).
    I wish you all the best and I hope I'm not intruding too much.

Hang tough,

Steve
    Hi Barbie,
    Hope you are having a better day today. Have a drink or maybe even two for me but make it a margarita please and not a martini. lol I also thought you were a nice person but you ate chocolate without me? Take care, Kim
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back