skipper66
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I am doing okay. The last month was really hard and I still feel numb. Hope things are okay with you. Hugs to you
    Hey Kim
    thanks for the prayers. I am doing well got afo braces to help me walk a little better also got a handy cap sign so i can park a little closer to stores now:) never thought i would need one of those at 27 but eh oh well.
    hope things are going good for you. thinking of ya
    Hi Kim,
    Thanks. Mum is making her transition into her new living accommodation with grace and dignity but isn't too happy. I don't blame her.

I guess so-so is alright with your dad? So sorry you're all going through this. On top of other issues you're experiencing now too.

I think, for your dad, getting out as much as possible is important. It's not always easy though and will probably get more difficult as time goes on.

Take care of yourself. You need to.

Yasmin
    Hey Kim.
    Thanks for the thoughts. We're doing as well as could be expected I guess. Just spent 2 days at Mayo clinic in Rochester MN. for clinicals. Not much to report from there, O2 levels are down enough that they want us to come back in a couple of weeks for a sleep study that will probably result in bipap. Just no stopping this freight train.

I don't get here as often as I used to, how is your dad doing? When did you get to see him last?
    Gary
    Just checking in to see how you are doing and your dad. Things have been busy but I decided to turn in my notice at work and be home for Jim. It is the right decision for everyone. They were good about it at work. Take care and let me know how your dad is.
    I was devastated when my 1st husband called me long distance (collect) from germany on Christmas eve to ask for a divorce. He already had a girlfriend (pregnant). We were only married 3 years and my oldest son was only 6 months old. I am 5'9'' and I went down to 119 lbs. It was horrible. So I understand how you feel. But 3 years later I met my husband, he adopted my son and we had 2 more and we will be celebrating 25 years in nov. You never know what the future holds. I was scared of being alone but after a few months I enjoyed being single mom and then met my hero and tried my best to get rid of him, but he stuck like glue and would not take no for an answer.

I am hoping you and your husband works it out if that is what you want but know that if it doesn't it is not the end of the world. I will help you, hug you and I know you are strong and smart and beautiful with alot of love to share. If you need to talk I am here.
    Hi Kim, sorry it took awhile to get back to you. I am sorry to hear of your personal issues right now, I am sure it is tough. You have a lot on your plate right now. I hope your dad is doing well. I am so so. I am having a muscle biopsy in the next couple of weeks because my atrophy is more proximal than distal. We shall see what those results are. Had a lumbar puncture,, protein a little high but only 57, normal is below 45. Chat at you later.
    hi Kim, I was just thinking about you want to come over and send you a hug, and I'm hoping that you're feeling better today. Personally, I've always hated Valentine's Day myself! It will take some time, but you will get through this and whatever happens with you and your hubby, is meant to be. Hugs, Helen
    The Tobi is a special computer that works by eyegaze or blink, it can also serve as tv remote, phone and many other helpful task. However, I have yet to figure it out, very technically challenged.
    Hi Kim, Thanks for the prayers! I feel as though I am in circle of prayers, coming and going, my prayers to you in your journey! Yes, my husband was diagnosed five years ago with limb onset ALS. He has been in a power wheelchair for about four years. He is in the latter stages of this disease, but you wouldn't know it! He still eats the food he likes, s-l-o-w-l-y. I don't mind, I'm glad he enjoys it. Although he eats less and has lost weight over the last year. He has an eye gaze computer that has given him his freedom to read books, connect with friends through email and text and pick out movies for us on netflix! and a number of other things as well. It is very hard to watch a parent suffer with disease. If I can be of any help with questions you may have regarding your father, please feel free to pick my brain! I will let you know what I know or how we handled something or where you might find the answers you need. Or if you just want to talk. God Bless.
    Hi Kim,
    I was thinking about you and thought I would pop in and ask how you are doing? I looked at your pictures and you have a lovely family. I am sending big hugs.
    Hi Kim,
    Sorry to hear about your recent personal issues. It must be very tough for you right now. Thinking of you. Yasmin.
    I am so sorry. I really have no words but shocked. You had no warning of this happening? What a rotten thing for him to do. I have no words of advice or wisdom and I don't want to say anything to upset you more. Just know I am praying for you and wishing you peace. If you need to talk I am here for you. I am a good listener too.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back