momap53
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• My doc is the head of an MDA Clinic! I continue to find, time and time again, they are extremely knowledgeable and help me with anything I request or ask about but they DO NOT seem to ever offer anything. I keep putting it down to patients with ALS all want to receive different amounts of info and my doc doesn't want to give me more than I can handle. Thanks for the info. As an aside, I'm going to the dentist to have a cavity filled this week. :). This is it! I mean it!! :)
    Just checked out quest magazine as a result of your post to check out an old article regarding saliva. What a great resource! Thanks!
    Thanks for the insight. I am used to other forums. This one is slightly different. I had a little hitch signing on at ALS/TDI and got email response from them today saying they have corrected it.
    Anyway, what I am trying is different than anything that I have heard about. That could b good or bad. Either way, it is worth a shot....thanks again!
    Heard the electric Hoyer is so much easier. CALS are tired out from lifting before they even get to the moving with the manual one. Teeth are fine. One front one is still 'sensitive' but not too much inconvenience. I feel like they're not 'strong' and I'm nervous about biting hard things. But that's just my mental problem. :). Is your ankle healed? Can you stand to pivot? I hear that's helpful for transfers. Hey, I made the corn chowder in the crock pot. It's good!
    So sorry to hear about your ankle, shortly after our last email I hurt my knee trying to do the same. Ordered the Hoyer Lift next day. My core has weakend and am now in need of more equipment, oh all the amount of equipment, need a larger house. My hands are on their way out also, so trying to learn the Tobi device but its a race to beat my loss of hands. Just hired a caretaker 5 days a week hope things impove with more help. What is the Foley Catheter?
    Deb, check with the ALS clinic about drug trial, tirasemtiv may interest you as it increases muscle strength. Susan
    Hi Deb,
    How are things going for you? Trying to get my house cleaned and everything ready for Christmas. Dad is back staying at his home for at least awhile. His home is about a mile from ours at the most. Dad is coming over to spend Christmas Eve with us at my house. Thought it would be easier to go to his house but he really wants to come to our house really bad so we let him choose. I will be working at the hospital Christmas day from noon-6pm. I will probally stop by my dad's in the morning before going in. Dad is doing so-so. He is now losing the use of his hands and arms. He is in good spirits though most of the time. My kids are so thrilled that grandpa is home. Take care, Kim
    Good Morning to you Deb,
    Thinking of my friends from afar, just wanted to say Hi.
    Hope you are doing okay..
    Sending you wishes of love and peace,
    Mair xx
    Just letting you know that I've been thinking about you and have been wondering how you're doing. I hope progression hasn't been rapid. Take care sweet lady. Yasmin
    Hi Deb,
    Glad to hear you are mending.
    I'm booked in with the GP for Tuesday..can't keep resorting to plonk for kip eh?
    I think my kids cooked up a babysitting rota for their mother as I haven't been alone much.
    I have to do it sometime, and I have Clive's dogs here so we three *****es are learning to get along :)
    I think of you often Deb, and of the others who have helped me more than you all know.
    Sending you peace and love along the airwaves...Mair xx
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back