ottawa girl
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Elaine,
    Thinking of my friends from afar this morning..
    Dropping in to say hello, hope you are doing okay..
    Wishing you a happy day..off to see my grandkids soon,
    they got a real tree this year, I have been ordered to come and see their handiwork...
    If you see the sandman in passing, send him this way..lol
    Love and peace to you,
    Mair xx
    so.. all in all.. don't know (LOL)... I'll go Friday for the other EMG and see whats what.. which begs the question- when you had your EMGs, did all of the muscles tested show abnormalities (i.e., where there were no symptoms of weakness/faciculations?). I thought it was odd that she started with my legs and questioned her about it.. she said that she assumes that something will be abnormal in my arms because of my previous spinal surgery and wanted to look more generalized.. makes sense
    Hi Ottowa girl, I've been crazy busy and a little late replying as well :) the EMG of my legs went well, normal. so that is encouraging! My faciculations on my left arm have spread to more of my back and am starting to have them in my right deltoid now (where the left started).. I video'd the one's in my back at the request of my neuro and she saw them today and immediately ordered an EMG on my arms as well (on Friday). She said that since my legs were clean, its not likely that its anything generalized or systemic (i.e., ALS). I also have to follow up with a neurosurgeon, although my MRI's were mostly normal (typical arthritis and disc bluging, etc.), she wants to get a second opinion. Oh! my hand, I forgot I mentioned that last time. She noticed it today, left hand atrophied versus right (Intraosseous) , weakness in my left thumb is present which was normal at last exam..

Hi Elaine - Thanks for your kind and supportive words regarding my reply to TIM-CNY. They meant a lot to me. Have a wonderful day!

Shelly
    Hello, I was reading some of your threads and your initial symptoms sound like mine...but I have not a diagnosis yet. Hope long did it take you to get diagnosed?
    Hi Elaine,
    I have just been 'Far and Away' in your lovely photo album.. :)
    I have a photo with my sister in front of the Trevi Fountain too!!
    Happy Days..xx
    Hi Ottowa, this is Angela (bedenbaughA).. i've logged on now as I'm about to go fo rmy EMG and was hoping I could get your opinion.. a few days ago, I was out at the merket and looked and SAW my hands.. and was shocked. To me, they are different, the left, where all the twitches are, seems so... small, dented, atrophied? I'd not noticed this before now. Would you mind taking a look and just giving me a reality check? (not sure how to post it here, perhaps with an email address?)

Appreciate it,
    Angela
    My teeth . . . Well I'm supposed to finish them up Thursday. Lot of stress over it though. They need to put small metal rods and some filling material in them. They put some sort of 'twisty tie like' things in them 10days ago and I had some pain with that. I'm anticipating more pain Thursday and trying hard not to think about it. But, then they'll be done. I can't bite directly down on hard food items cause there's still sensitivity. I have bulbar issues and get MAD at the wasted time (food not enjoyed) because of these teeth issues!

I'm going to go finish off the Cheetos now after this rant. :)
    No, made me worse, yes have been to clinic, my neuro. said exercise is the worst thing for als, She said if its working for you, keep goin. I think i would have been in chair by now, very fast progression rate, they are using me for research, because i can build musle,very painful though, helps alot with my spasticity.
    Thank you for replying so fast, I was Diag. Aug. 30 2012, but it took a long time to see a neuro. I was allready useing a caine at that time, now useing walker, i exercise my legs pretty hard, seems to be working. Do you exercise at all?
    Thinking of you today as I watch tv and eat crunchy Cheetos. I forgot they were this good! :).
    Happy Thanksgiving to you Elaine! Hope things are going as good as possible for you. Take care, Kim
    Thank you for your message ottawa girl. I have looked this person up and see that they have posted a third time but Rose has put a stop to it. My friend is doing quite well at the moment, speech is getting slightly worse. We have had the MND nurses in to assess the house for future adjustments so things are moving on. Thank you for your concern, I hope you are doing ok also.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back