johnyp1218
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Wow! You must be one tough cookie- I can't even think about exercise- let alone get my butt in gear. Although I do try to walk everyday. Amazing that you defy the odds by building muscle- that's impressive. You should start a thread about exercising- maybe you'll learn someone else is like you and I'll learn too. I'm not on Rilutek- am still dithering about taking it or not.
    No I don't exercise- I'm fairly mobile (left hand onset) but I do use a cane- my legs sometimes go spastic. Have you been to the ALS Clinic yet? Sometimes, I've been told, and have read, that exercise can speed up progression. (the reason escapes me- I'm not a medical savvy person.). Highly recommend you contact the ALS Society if you have not been seen at a clinic. Are you on Rilutek?
    Thank you for replying so fast, I was Diag. Aug. 30 2012, but it took a long time to see a neuro. I was allready useing a caine at that time, now useing walker, i exercise my legs pretty hard, seems to be working. Do you exercise at all?
    Got your message. sorry for your diagnosis. You will find tons of great information here and support. I'm just a couple of months ahead you. (my diagnosis was in april/12 & confirmed in aug/12). If you need any information you can start a thread, or leave a visitor message as you did, or send me a private message (although I think you may only get that privilege after 15 posts). Can I help you with anything now?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back