Jeff Long
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hi Jeff,

Just wanted to let you know that my Dad went to be with the Lord today. He was being kept comfortable with morphine and took his last breath peacefully this afternoon.

Allison
    My Christmas wish for you and your family is to live in Peace Harmony Laughter and Love and know how Beautiful You shine so bright with your Love and Light! I just want you know how much you mean to me ... we have never met in person, but you are known to me and stay in my heart. I feel we have been friends forever ....
    Thinking of you? How are things go for you? My dad came back from Dallas last night to stay at his home for awhile. He got home last night after a 12 hour car ride. He started vomitting last night and having diarhea. I am very scared because I'm afraid he'll get dehydrated. I'm going to his house after work and see how things are going. Going to call his doctor if it keeps up. Take care , Kim
    Hi Jeff,

I spoke with my husband and we would love to meet you and Barb for dinner one night :) I will also invite Mom/Dad... it is good for my Dad to get out some and he doesn't seem to mind being fed in public. So I will definetely pass on the offer to them and give them the details when we confirm a time and date.

Have a great holiday.
    Allison
    Hi Jeff,

Nice to hear from you. We love the Fuquay area and have a F-V address... though we actually bought our home about 8 miles south of Fuquay off 401. It is rural and quiet :) I make a daily trek to Cary for Corbin's swim training.
    We would love to meet you and Barb for dinner one night at the Aviator. We discovered that restaurant not long after buying our house. Neat atmosphere even if we dont drink. You can PM or email me and we can find a time that works for both of us. How far are you from Fuquay?

Allison
    Hi Jeff,

Wanted to say "hello." Mom and Dad mentioned that they saw you at Clinic not too long ago.
    Dad is beginning to "progress" faster than he or Bedlack were expecting :(
    How are you doing?
    Hi Jeff!
    My name is Sammie and I joined this forum to learn more about ALS. I read some of your posts and found them to be intriguing. I am also an occupational therapy student in California and am writing a paper on ALS. I was wondering if I can interview you and ask you some questions regarding how ALS has impacted your life. Let me know what you think and I look forward to hearing from you!
    Jeff hope all is going ok. Sorry I have been MIA lots going on. Hope to chat soon
    Hi Jeff.

Thanks for thinking of me. We just arrived to NC and it is really a very bittersweet feeling. I haven't seen Dad since December and he definetely is not "himself". The disease is progressing to his neck and back.... his head almost just flops over now without his neck brace on : he is also so fatigued that he just stays home most of the time. ( He seems rather depressed and says he feels it, but doesn't even want to talk about medications. It is so hard to watch. I have been at Mom and Dad's helping as much as time allows, as we are in the process of trying to find a home to purchase that is convenient to both Fort Bragg and the swim club that Corbin trains at in Cary.
    I will let you know if we need anything. Right now just trying to adjust to our new "normal" and get ourselves settled from this PCS.

How are you?

Allison
    Jeff,

I was the Internet Manager at Crossroads Infiniti. My symptoms are just the opposite of yours; drop foot (left) and severe muscle atrophy in my left leg. My right leg is beginning to show weakness, and when tired, I do slur words at times. Which clinic are you going to, and if I may ask, are you taking the Rilutek?

Bob
    Jeff, thanks for the kind words. I see you're in the Raleigh area. I work in Raleigh, and live at Lake Royale in Louisburg (actually Bunn). So you've been a member almost a year now. How are you doing?
    Bob
    Jeff, thank you for the thank you. Will you pray for a brother who has died of ALS: Shane ...pray for his family. I am in shock from his death, it will take time to accept that he is gone.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back