skipper66
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Kim, Good to hear from you! I know what you mean about feeling old at a Bieber concert. You are a wonderful Mom for doing that! It will be a great memory for your daughter. My Mom is hanging in there. Her neck muscles are becoming noticeably weaker. Her head hangs a lot. We've discussed neck braces with the home nurse, that is coming soon. My brother's wedding is on 11/17, she should still be in ok shape to go! I'm relieved she is still here and doing good, blessed in that regard. I hope your holidays are joyous!
    Hi Kim,
    You can vent anytime, friends take care of friends! Glad you had a decent weekend, ours was a recoup one. Clinic is so tiring and having a tube replaced added to the exhaustion. We have Maddie for three days this week, still working on a van for the power chair, getting a hoyer lift because I'm afraid I won't be able to get him up if he falls, it's time to get some help in so I can get out...

Glad your daughter has calmed down for the moment...thinking of you!

Hugs,
    Jen
    The Biebs huh? Aren't you a hip Mom. LOL
    You know he's Canadian right?

I bought tickets yesterday to take my 9 year old and my wife to see "The Big Jingle" Dec. 2nd in Toronto.
    Should be fun (for her, LOL) Bridgit Medler, Cod i Simpson, Carly Rae Jepson and others.

That is good news for Dad, I know you worry alot.
    Progress happens, we just gotta roll with it.
    Cheers,
    Casey
    GREAT THAR YOUR DAD IS COMING TO VISIT! SO SORRY ABOUT HIS HANDS. I AM DOING FINE EXCEPT FOR I CHOKE ALOT...I HAVE A SUCTION MACHINE WHICH HELPS. WHAT KIND OF MEDICATION IS HE GOING TO GET IN DECEMBER?? PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR Dad.
    Hello Kim - I find it very cool that you "Mommed Up" and took your 15 year old to see J.B. How is your hearing after all the screaming? Well done. He is also quite well liked by my 16 year olds; so much so that one of my kids honored him in a lip sync show last year and pulled it off quite nicely. Ha!

JB! lip sync by Bryce Conrad - YouTube

I'm sorry for the reasons we have to meet here, but am happy to meet another mom. I don't work with the wolves, but it is an amazing experience to visit them. I was quite affected by them and spending hours with them, for me at least, completely shifted my perspective on their nature...and nature in general. They inspired one of those A-ha moments in me.

I am doing well when I can keep my mind focused in the moment. Thanks for reaching out and the kindness!
    Hi Kim,
    Was glad to hear from you. Things are going as well as can be expected here. Our one daughter who doesn't live near us (she lives in Hawaii) is here for a long weekend visit and we are enjoying that. Our other three children are near and we are all getting together tomorrow so that will be fun.
    Bill seems to be having weakness begin in his right hand and arm, no longer can write well on whiteboard and is trying to use the Ipad speech application and seems to be able to do that better. As you probably know he cannot speak or eat anything. Is completely nourished with PEG tube. His attitude is as good as it can be, and we still have moments of laughter, especially at some of the pronunciations of the Ipad speech application when something is misspelled.
    I am glad your father will be able to be near you. I know you will enjoy being able to be with him as we all want to make the most of every day.
    Hugs to you.
    Alma
    I am doing okay. Been having company almost very weekend. Glad to her your Dad is using the vent.
    Your daughter is perfect age for Bieber concert. Like Luke said, you have guts. I know that you all had a great time. I'm sorry that your dad didn't get into the trials but I know that you are looking forward to him being home and near. Take care
    Thanks Kim :) Wow ... I don't think I could endure a Bieber concert. You've got guts. Haha.
    Kim, hope your daughter figures out that she can't control what her brother makes and stuff. Justin Beiber, the grandkids really like him. I hope yall have a great time..
    Sorry Kim for not getting back to you. I will pm you rather than visitor message as I am being "hounded" ha ha. See Johnny's page. Hope you are doing ok.
    thats a new one..a crayon, what colour........skip i have been away a few days. giving me face a rest....and living on soup.......so i missed kiwi and lassie leaving...what happened then.....take care johnny
    Thanks Kim,
    There's been a decrease in mobility this week and I'm afraid to leave him alone. Time to hire help or I will become a candidate for a straight jacket...I am far too social.
    Your dad is doing okay?
    Games have been good, we live deep in Giants territory!

Hugs to you,
    Jen
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back