A
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yes, he noticed twitching in just his right arm to begin with. That doesn't mean there was no weakness, he just didn't notice it yet. It was not constant to begin with. I can't say exactly how long it was because he just wanted to ignore it. I know the weakness he experienced was so minor at first that he didn't realize what was happening. For him, it was not body wide for several months.
    You're the type of person who won't be satisfied until you get an EMG of your bulbar region, so call your neuro and schedule it. Then be done with this.
    Yes, the results from an EMG are immediate (just like an X-ray, for example). The EMG will be noisy when you flex your muscles (that is expected to happen). If there was no noise when your muscles were relaxed, that means everything was clean (there was no spontaneous activity) . . . I can promise you that. Congrats.
    My symptoms were only bulbar for years. Just speech was affected. Then later some twitching, but mostly stiffness and balance problems with my legs. Some hand weakness.
    If all you have is twitching, and clean EMG then maybe you have something else. I hope so.
    Beaut
    Anxious,

Thank you for the update! I'm glad you have an answer and can now move forward. What a relief for you!!! I wish you the best and thank you for your prayers....

Jen
    anxious, I deleted my message, when you can get private emails I will try to email you. I have found it isn't worth it to post much in the general forums. Regards!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back