HelenL
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hey Helen,

I've been thinking about you as well. I haven't had time to catch up with most posts on the forum yet, but wanted to say "hi".

There is a little update on my profile page about what's been going on here. ♥
    HERE IS WHAT THE NURSE FOUND OUT ABOUT ELEVATED LIVER COUNT:
    So here is what I have learned about elevated liver enzymes....
    High fructose corn syrup can be hard on the liver, but plain corn syrup should not affect the liver.
    Having a peg tube can cause inflammation of the pancreas and that can cause high liver enzymes.
    Muscle wasting can cause high liver enzymes....I could not find anything specific about ALS and high liver enzymes but it makes sense to me that ALS would cause muscle wasting, if not directly, just that fact that you are unable to use your muscles causes atrophy and wasting. They bi-producrt of wasting muscles is apparently hard on the liver.
    Hi Helen,
    How are things going for you? I'm doing pretty good except for dealing with the stress of raising two teenagers. lol I just bought plane tickets recently for our youngest son Eric who is 8 and my aunt to go to Dallas to visit my dad from 0ct 4-9th. My son has a long weekend off from school and I am pulling him out for two additional days. He gets straight A-s and at this point I feel grandpa is more important. Dad is staying pretty much the same right now. He loves to get out and go to the movies. He just saw the newest movie with Clint Eastwood and said it was great. My mom and dad owned the movie theatres in our town while I was growing up. It was great. Take care, Kim
    They are trying to work things out so i can receive dex! Keep praying that they come with a workable soluyion!
    Love you
    sharon
    Hi Helen ... it's been a while -- we are okay here, I hope you are hanging in there.
    Hi Helen,
    My dad had his birthday on Sept. 11th. I thought it was so sweet that his nieghbors from here sent him a total of 10 cards. They have been so kind and supportive of him. When he was home for a brief visit over Labor Day weekend they made him all kinds of goodies. I was off work for the last two days since our youngest had strep throat. I'm feeling better emotionally these last few days. I get kind of down after seeing my dad and he goes back to Texas. I just have so much anger in me with my dad have this illness that I don't know how to get rid of it that I lash out at the wrong things. I have a brand new counselor but I've only had two sessions so far. I go again next week. I think she will do me a world of good once we get to know each other better. Much improvement over my last one. Hope you are having a good day. Kim
    Thank you Helen. I understand what your saying about being careful about what I post on here and will listen to your advice and be cautious about what I write. Sadiemae just feels she can write about her family and her feelings. But, others like me don't have valid feelings and don't need support.
    Hi Helen, i really hope you don't mind me posting here and i know you probably won't want to talk about it but if i could perhaps ask you a question? I've read a post where you said a chronically sprained ankle was your first symptom. Did this come on gradually and what was it like? As today i have a pain when flexing my left ankle (on the foot where i have fasics and possible atrophy). Does this sound like how your ankle presented?

Thank you so verymuch if you reply :)
    Morning sunshine!
    Guess what time it is?
    IT'S PATRIOTS TIME!!! GO PATS GO
    I'm going to the Pat's / Bills game on the 30th to cheer them on.
    TTYL
    Casey
    I am sorry to hear about his/her loss. I was not aware otherwise I wouldn't post. I apologize for this..............
    I am sorry to hear account his/her loss. I was not aware otherwise I wouldn't post. I apologize for this..............
    Hi Helen,
    My dad is home for a quick visit from Dallas. So, we will be spending alot of time visiting at his house this weekend. His birthday is Sept. 11th so I ordered a birthday cake so he can have a small celebration with the grandkids. I was shocked by how much he has gone downhill since I last saw him. But, he didn't look quite as bad today. He had to be exhausted yesterday after a 12hr car ride. Are you doing anything special for the weekend? We are supposed to get tons of rain this weekend due to hurricane Isaac.
    Take care, Kim
    Hello mam, I have posted a thread yesterday Suspecting misdiagnosis after 10 years but haven't received any comment. I really need to know the experience of people whether I am misdiagnosed or not ? I am new to alsforums & don't know how to spread my thread to other members. please help me to get comments from experience members.
    glad to hear from you, I was diagnosed MND on 2003 but now I have some doubt whether I am misdiagnosed or not ?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back