B
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I live in Michigan. Have several things 'on loan' from the ALS Chapter but haven't heard about the grant. Perhaps this is something just NC does? I really should be sitting down in the shower soon but have done the bathroom remodel in advance of 'needing' it. I just seem to be overwhelmed with the stuff to do in the future, so just decided I am less stressed if it is done and over with 'now'. Just had Power of Attorneys signed today. I have some speaking issues already and those concern me. I want my husband to be able to conduct business if I lose my voice.
    Thanks for your reply, Bob. Yes, I sometimes take this forum in 'spurts' - there are times I should not be on it reading about my future. I was nervous about the reviews for the Brondell 1000 so I purchased the USPA 6800. My bathroom is being remodeled right now and the builder will install the bidet for me. The 6800 was about $100 cheaper than the Brondell and the reviews (some from women) were all good. I'm having a ramp and deck installed also - just want everything in place so I don't have to worry about 'when' I need it and how I'll manage it. I'm hoping all this pre-planning relieves some stress from me and allows me to just live my life fully and rewardingly. :) May I ask what 'grant' you're speaking about? Sometimes it's so hard to know or find out what is out there and available to us. Thanks again.
    Hello! Bidet questions here . . . I saw your bidet thread but am kind of new here and don't know if I should still post to the thread after a banned member posts. I noticed everyone stopped on the thread after a 'kind of' advertisement posted. I saw that you got the Brondell 1000. I also saw some reviews on-line that said that model is a little challenging for cleaning the ladies 'up front' (something about the water not reaching well). Has your wife used it? Is she happy with it? Also, was wondering if you just needed an outlet near the toilet or if you needed to be hooked to a hot water line wiht that model. Thank you so much for any info you can give me!
    Saw your message exchange with Jeff Long and saw that you live at Lake Royale. You wouldn't happen to have a neighbor named Harry Cramer, do you? He's an former colleague of mine from my consulting days at IBM/RTP.
    Bob,
    Yes, I am on the rilutek (since Dec) with no negative affects. I go to the ALS clininc at Duke once each quarter, and think those folks are top shelf! Dr. Bedlak and the rest of his team do a great job of dealing straight with us, and they're full of helpful tips and strategies.
    Jeff
    Bob,
    Read that you're resigning today; hope that went well. Yeah, this ALS thing sucks and screws up all the planning done to date!! This is certainly not what I had in mind when I retired, but we're making the best of it. So far (knock on wood!!) my symptoms are all speeech related with a little shortness of breath. No limb onset -- yet-- so I'm still able to ride the Harley every day and do whatever I need. Guess that'll change, but I'll deal with it when it happens!!
    We live in the south part of Raleigh. Where do-- or did!-- you work here?

Jeff
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back