rose
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• hi diane,just popped onto forum after a few months break as i have had alot going on.
    I noticed your post on the "is this als"forum and totally totally agree with you.
    I am quite a savvy girl and can get a feel of the poster by there posts,after many years on the forum you can tell who has genuine concerns,who's neurotic and who's seeking attention.
    I agree that with some doing all the tests is the only way to assure them there ok.
    Dont worry about it,there are some on here who think there the bee's knee's of the forum and if your not in there little clique they snubb you.
    Anyway,looked at your new project and its fabulous darling lol.........your like me,my son says i'll paint everything,if i see something i like but its not the right colour i paint it....furniture is my speciality.
    Read below,what a terrible thing to happen and it must have been upsetting for you.
    Hope you are ok as can be,good news no cancer but bad that als is more likely.
    Take good care,caroline
    Rose that is awful about your neighbor! I had so hoped they would find it was not Als. So sorry. Glad to hear from you though!
    Part 1
    One more thing... I wanted to make a post about this, but, it really should be private. I would hate to have the wrong person stumble across it as a public internet post, so, I'm writing it here on my profile page, which is limited to just my forum friends and contacts.

As many of you know, I still walk Ernie dog each day. Cane in one hand, leash in the other. There was a neighbor down the street from me that I would always stop and talk with when she was outside (another avid gardener)

About 2 weeks ago, every time I'd walk past their house, I'd notice this awful smell, and I thought maybe another neighbor who does taxidermy was the culprit, but, the weird thing was it was only in front of her house.

Then, the police showed up... lots and lots of cars...
    Part 2

While her husband was away on a business trip, she took her own life in the garage. What I, and the other neighbors had been smelling was her. Her husband came home and found her.

It has been really disturbing. She was my eldest son's age, and should have had a long life ahead of her. I keep thinking to myself that if I'd only gone and looked into the garage when I smelled that awful smell, I could have at least saved her husband from being the one to discover her.

Its so heart wrenching. They were just the nicest couple, How her husband will ever be okay after this, I just don't know.
    I'm back. All is well. I added an album that should explain why I haven't been on much... missed you guys!!♥♥♥

For those who have been wondering (I try to PM but running out of time today) Latest MRI shows the lesion is not cancer, so that is good—and bad in that more doctors are saying they still feel its slow moving ALS and not another cause. Paraneoplastic syndrome is off the table.

Other than my breathing deteriorating more when laying down, and losing more use of my right arm, nothing much has changed.
    Hi Diane, I've been thinking a lot about you lately and am happy that I came here and read that you had spent time cabined in the woods. I hope the absence of the Internet and the tranquility of nature soothed your soul. My wife, a friend and Chewie and I went canoeing in complete quiet and solitude for a day last week. I had to be lifted into the canoe but once paddling it was almost like old times.
    Hi Rose, I've been missing you here, or maybe we're just on different threads... anyway, hope all is well with you.
    Hey Rose!!! I will talk with you soon. Semester started, and leaving town next week. So envious of your cabin in the woods. But no internet????
    Hey everyone,

We've been away, stayed at a cabin in the woods with no internet, etc. I'm home again and will catch up shortly. ♥
    Hi Rose.. I have always appreciated your kind consideration and your posts. I see the forum isn't what it used to be without Fireman AL and Joel C and others. Bummer that ALS takes its toll. My daughter is doing really fine with her alternate treatments so far. I am frustrated that people won't try new things... even the medical association is now doing scans and not giving Robert Dowling the credit...using his ideas more and more and claiming the success. I hope you are doing well and strong. See you around when I get a chance to come here. :)
    Hey, I am very busy, can't be online much for a few more days. Will catch up with everyone later, probably early next week. ♥
    Hey Diane,

Thanks for checking on me. Doing good out here. The fire is 45% contained and not threatening the city much. Most of the evacuations are lifted except for closest to the fire line. Smoke is way down as well. One family in our church lost their home, and I know of one other friend as well. Tough times for them! We could see the fire moving down the hill on Tuesday when the houses burned. It was shocking... you could hardly believe you eyes that the fire could move that fast down the hill.

How are you doing?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back