ottawa girl
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Thank you Ottawa girl for the welcome. Yes I wish I was like most people, not affected by ALS and pretty much unaware of what it is. But unfortunately my husband was diagnosed in Dec 2010 it was not the Christmas present that I wanted. I should have checked out this forum a long time ago not just today. Yes I am hoping to get some additional insight into how to deal with new problems as they arise. One thing I have learned is live your life to the fullest and enjoy each day.
    THANKS FOR YOU KIND AND LOVING WORDS ELAINE! i am hanging on to hope that the Dex in October will help me.
    Thanks ! For the prayers at mass today...that should storm heaven for me
    love you much
    PLEASE PRAY THAT I GET AN INTERVIEW WITH DHSH BEFORE SEPTEMBER BECAUSE I CANT MOVE TO MY NEW ROOM UNLESS THEY INTERVIEW ME~ THEY MIGHT HAVE A CANCELLATION ON AUG. 13....PRAY THAT i GET THAT SLOT...
    LOVE YOU MUCH
    I see my neurologist in October, don't live close to an ALS clinic...bummer! Great Falls does not offer much. I think I am the only one in Great Falls with ALS. I sure miss my family, they all live in Ohio and NC. I am the youngest of 6 kids (46) and I was the one that strayed from home.

Thanks for your response Elaine!
    Hi Elaine

It's Bruno not Rocco :) He is doing well, an occassional accident but for the most part he is good. I stopped with the crate training, he does not like it, and I hate to hear him bark. He is a spoiled dog already but that is ok :)

Do you have any paralysis yet? I was asking Wright because this all started with my left hand 15 months ago and I still have no paralysis in that hand yet, still pretty strong actually but very atrophied, looks horrible. I am more weak than anything. Got bummed out tonight, had to go down 4 steps to shut and lock the back door and could not get up the last step. Had to literally crawl to a place where I could pull my self up :( All of my extremities are weak but not too atrophied. It is like it hit all of my limbs at once. Just curious about your progression.

My oldest son in the Navy will be here on leave in 10 weeks, can't wait! Have not seen him since last Summer.
    :) Thank you so much. I hope I don't sound crazy and desperate, (although I feel desperate). I just want to know and understand this better. And yes, her right arm has been going "numb" on her. It does affect her writing, but I am sure she will try her best to write back. Thank you! Tina
    Elaine, i dont see anywhere on here to do a private post. Maybe I will figure it out eventually. Sherry
    Hello, it definetly changes your life. I am 44 years old, divorced with 3 children. Ages 18, 16, and 10. I was working up until September 2011, I had to quit when it got harder for me to walk. I started with my right side, arm, hand, and leg. By September both of my legs were weak and stiff. What does UMN and LMN mean?
    Hi, My appointment is for 315 pm. What time is yours...we will compare notes. Waiting...waiting...seems to take forever to go from one appt to the next. Each time I have hoped that someone will say..."oh we were wrong.....oh well...doesnt hurt to dream...sherry
    Hello, how r u? Sorry to hear you have ALs. Thats great that you have lots of help and a great family. I am also blessed with a wonderful family and great friends.How long have you had ALs? I started last year around March. Do you have slow progression? I only have 2 pictures, I will post more.
    Yes it is. I take the Protein Ensure. 1 to 2 per day. I try to eat a lot and am holding steady at 215 - 216 pounds. I go to the Vanderbilt ALS clinic for the first time tomorrow. My right arm is really weakening on me. Guess it will be the first thing to go....and of course...I am right handed!!! thanks for checking in.....take care.......cheers....fp
    Hi Elaine,
    Love Bracebridge. My Dad grew up in Gravenhust, so spent a ton of time there.
    We are off to Campbellford on the 11th for some cottage fun ourselves.. 20 of us in multipule cottages, should be a blast.
    Check out my new photo, you'll appreciate my application pic.
    Stay strong, and hang in there.
    Cheers,
    Casey
    Hello, nice to meet you. My name is Brenda, yes th River Walk is beautiful. I love going to San Antonio, but I haven't been in awhile. Do you have ALs?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back