D
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So sorry to hear about the loss of you husband, I also lost my husband to ALS 4 months ago and also live in Alabama where is fairhope? I live in Arley, near Jasper, if were not that far away maybe we could meet some time for lunch. You in your family are in my prayers
    Janice,
    I am so sorry to hear about Dean. You are in my prayers. Feel free to pm me anytime if you'd like to talk. Sending you a hug, Kim
    Thinking of you. My dad will be home late tonite or sometime tomorrow to stay at his home for at least awhile. He only has the use of a few fingers on each hand and his arms are getting much weaker. He still is able to eat on his own and gained 71bs. He has to eat really slow though to prevent joking. He uses a bi-pap just at night at it helps him out alot. Take care, Kim
    Hi Joyce,
    Our youngest son had a wonderful visit with my dad in Dallas. My dad's progression seems to be at a standstill lately. He uses a bi-pap just at night while he's sleeping and he sleeps through most nights. It has really helped his energy level during the day. My dad is hoping to come home for a couple of months at least for a visit. He has a family friend who is self-employed and has agreed to be his caregiver whenever he comes home. He has caregiver experience too. I took a week off immediately after Christmas and we will be spending time with my dad either in Texas or here. Dad is waiting to see where he's going to be depending on if he gets accepted for a clinical trial or not. He was supposed to find out last week but now they said it will be another 10 days. He is getting impatient waiting. We are praying he gets in. Take care and write anytime. Kim
    Hi Joyce,
    Glad to read that your move went well. How is Dean doing lately? My dad is about the same. He's been going to alot of baseball and volleyball games lately of his grandkids who live in Dallas. He also loves to go to the movies. He saw the latest Clint Eastwood movie and said it was really good. My youngest son Eric (He's 8) and my aunt (Dad's sister) are going to leave next week Oct. 4 -0ct 9th to fly to Dallas to visit my dad. It will be my son's first airplane ride. He's so excited to be going to see grandpa. Take care and drop a line when you have time. Hugs, Kim
    I'm glad the move was successful and Dean is doing great! You must be exhausted!!! Good luck on your garage sale! Thanks for the note and look forward to seeing pictures of the new house!

Hugs,
    Jen
    Happy moving day, we'll catch up after you've had a chance to breathe and sleep! Thinking of you all!

Jen
    Hi Joyce,
    They are in that he uses a cane all the time, just got fitted for his chair... We had to have a meeting of the minds as he was fussing about $$$. I had to explain that I would take over the housekeeping and yard maintenance and he could hire a caretaker to handle the list of things I do (and we all do because we love them). I won't get a check for a few months and we had to determine how we were going to spend money. I got irritated at him lording my lack of income over my head even though he was teasing... Hit a nerve as I still have a full time job...

I know you can't wait to get this move over! Hopefully you will get some time to do what you'd like! I think of you all the time as well... We are in this together!!

Hugs,
    Jen
    Hi Joyce,

I know you are so busy, your message was a treat! I don't envy you the packing... Moving and garage sales are two of the things I hate to do the most.... Praying that this move for you goes as smoothly as it can!!

Hugs,
    Jen
    Hi! How are things going for you? My dad was back home a few weeks for a short visit. I was unable to see him a few days of it because I came down with a bad case of strep throat. I am pretty down since I miss him so much. My dad is getting physical, occupational, and speech therapy directly at my sister's house in Dallas. He will be starting the drug Rilutek soon he's a veteran and they will cover it. He thought he'd at least give it a shot. He also is hoping to start a clinical trial in October. Praying for you and your husband. Drop me a line when you have time. Kim
    Hi Janice~~~~~~~

Saw you were on and wanted to say hello! Hope all is going well and the house building is progressing! I wonder if you can call the VA to get the Housing person to come out and see if they can assist you? It may be more of a headache than it's worth or it may be worth your time?

Anyway, thinking of you!

Jen
    glad the drug thing is under control. I felt like a freak getting moderated so many times in a row LOLOL

I think you are doing a terrific job! Hang in there.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back