momap53
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• I originally sent this message on May 1, but I didn't notice until today that I didn't send it to you like I intended. I still don't know how to send messages to people, but now I have figured out to reply to a message.

Hi Deb,
    Sorry for the delay in writing. I haven't been back on since I posted the last time. I am not taking anything for muscle cramping. I called the ALS clinic and spoke with the nurse and she did not think what I was experiencing was related to ALS. She said she had heard about sluggish stomachs but they didn't cause pain. I'm keeping a symptom diary so I can track how often this happens and what might trigger it. I'll ask about Gabapentin. Dee
    Hi do sorry you are having arm pain too. Mine started a month ago when I was was lifting my self to stand up. Even pushing my walker hurts now. When I was at my ALS clinic the pt checked it out and said I was my on to a frozen shoulder. I see an ortho tomorrow on her recommendation. Fun, fun.
    Hello and nice to meet you! I am new to this forum and dont really know how to post yet so I guess I chose you randomly. Also, since I am a veteran, I appreciated what you said about the VA. I am hoping to make friends here. Although I have not been diagnosed with ALS...I am scared out of my wits that I will be. I would like to share my experience/symptoms with someone who may be familiar with them and can help me find out if I do have it. My name is Casey. Thank you.
    Hi, my name is Darlene (housemouse) I'm new at this forum stuff... I am my husband's caregiver, any tips would be welcomed. I feel so alone on this horrible journey we are on. God Bless
    Thank you for the advice ,as you can imagine i have been reading up on what to do for the past year 18 months...its frustrating beacuse the doctors keep telling me als is all so individual.I have been calling the neroligist every time we have a problem.he is great.we have a talk and he prescribes me meds for Ron,,here is the bigger problem..they are all sitting in a drawer as my husband refuses to take anything..he feels he is tough..we all just want to help but his denial is getting in the way of his care and can and will have serious results.i have gooten more help on this foroum that at any dr, office.,the one thing i have found out about als is that the people that it has afected are all amazing..i have never encountered such a great group of people in my lfe,i wish it could have been under happier circumstances.
    I saw your post about trying to grow tomatoes in pots on your deck. Hubby & I were going to try that for the first time this year. Looking back what would you have done differently? I have seen it done successfully on tv & in magazines but don't know anyone that has tried it to ask. I have 2 very large pots almost the size of the half whiskey barrels. We were going to try one plant in each pot. They will be in full sun til late afternoon. Thank you for any suggestions :)
    oH!!! thanks for the indication!! I forgot my profile was not entionning my ALS diagnosis as when I joined I was still undiagnosed... Thanks alot, I will correct that!
    As for my ticket, I don't have it yet, I'm waiting for my brother who will take care of e there to tell me when he's available but it should be soon:) I love Paris too:)
    Have fun at daughter #1's, Usually We join my sister - only local relative -but she is newly married, Her husband was in a marathon today and is vegan Tofu turkey or ham is not that tasty so we are going to stay home

Have fun with the grandkids
    OK about the paperwork Deb. I plan to still use the walker inside as well. It will be so nice to zip up the driveway and go for walks! You have a great Easter holiday!

Judy
    Hi Deb...I was measured for my PWC yesterday and I did request that it raise...it should be here in 3 weeks or so. Thanks for the tips about PWC!!!

Judy
    Hi Deb,

it was so nice to meet you as well......how cool was that yesterday? I love modern technology, I know the sound wasn't that great for you but I still think it was great that you were able to attend the support group long distance.

Your daughter is not only a stunning beauty but she is a sweet, kind young woman as well. I was asking yesterday in the support group if they have anything for children and unfortunately they don't yet, but hopefully they will soon. It's so funny sometimes what a small world we really live in! Take care and thanks for your help.
    Hi Deb, how are you? I'm so glad for you that it's warm down there! I've tried to figure out everyone's family here, but I'm old and have ADD (and a hundred other reason, lol). Just wondering who you live with and who takes care of you? I know you have kids and grandkids, which is wonderful! I just couldn't figure them all out. Who is KK? Whew, those were my nosy questions for the day!

It's actually beautifully sunny here today, though I don't think it's going to hit 60 degrees. I have laundry out on the line, though :)

Hope you're doing well!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back