HelenL
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Helen, I'm so glad to hear that you got an offer and will took it. I will keep my fingers crossed that everything works out and you close and move on. I'm still sitting with the for sale sign and listed in the multiple listing directory. After all summer is the better time to move if one has to. Hopefully I will get an offer soon and if not so be it I have a nice place now.
    Hi Helen- heard from Dr. Chad's office today. He can't see me until June 26th. Also heard from Dr. Venna the other MD that was recommended- he is booking for August! so took the June appointment. I guess if he can tell me what is wrong or not wrong with me then it will be worth the wait.
    Hoping that when my PCP gets the consult from the neurosurgeon he will order the follow up MRI of my head to rule out cerebellum atrophy. I live in southeast MA. between New Bedford and Fall River. Mass General is closer than worcester. Thank you for the invite.
    Hi Helen- Just wanted to let you know that I am trying to get an appointment with Dr. Chad. The Neurosurgeon ruled out my neck as being my issue and is recommending further diagnostic testing, updated MRI of head, since they were done a year ago when I started all this, and spinal tap. I do not want to return to the neuro I saw who had me in the neck brace for the past 10 weeks, his report that my pcp forwarded to neurosurgeon wasn't even accurate- he had all my symptoms on the right side (babinski, weaknes) I am not going to let him spinal tap me. I called Dr. Chad's office and they requested my medical records, which I got a copy from PCP today and faxed to them. I sure hope he will agree to see me. I just wish to have one Doctor who will not push me off to another doctor.
    You are absolutely right about getting together and about giving people a break. It is so easy for me because I am not dealing with this disease myself. I don't know how I would be if it was me, you all amaze me with your strength. Thanks for everything, love ya.
    Helen,
    thank you for your nice message. everyone on this website is so kind. Are you a caregiver for a spouse? You seem very confident about yourself, and I admire that. I am a worrier, is why I'm always looking ahead and thinking of ways to be proactive. I do have a strong faith, that has helped me immensely. -Marilyn
    Thank you for the kind words, not sure that I deserve them. That person was getting on my nerves and we do not need people creating needless dissension.

I still continue to do pretty well. I have been blessed more then anyone person deserves!

Stay strong and keep the faith my friend!
    Thanks, Helen. I'll survive. I always do. Thanks for chekcing. How are you doing?
    Helen,
    thank you for your message. I am new to this and not sure how to see messages I get. I just happened to click on the User CP and it showed numerous messages. I didn't even know I had them. It's nice knowing there are people out there who care about me. I've never, ever sought out help for anything in my life, including these support groups online nor any type of online posting. I am a very independent person and like to have things in my control. However, I know with working a full time job (which I cannot afford to quit) and caring for my husband I may have to get some help. right now it's manageable. I get up very early in the a.m. so that I can feed him, get him dressed, and ready for the day before I leave for work. I feed him when I get home and do some exercises with his arms to keep his range of motion. Do you care for you spouse or another family member? what kind of help do you have and any suggestions are appreciated. thank you, Marilyn.
    Hi Helen!!! Of course I was peeking. It is kind of like a car accident. You don't want to look, but you feel drawn to it. :) Hope all is well with you!
    Thanks Helen

I applied for assistance--but they have 90 days to approve you apparently. Just a really bad few months and I've reached the end of my proverbial rope.
    Thanks Helen - I'm seeing a Dr. Wilkinson- he is out of the neurosurgery department- they tell me he just does evaluations- he does not operate anymore- he recommends treatments, does not prescribe, and doesn't see you in follow up- so I guess he will determine where I go next- I am hoping that once I am seen and in the system that it won't be months before I see who I need to see. I just need a diagnosis- how did your initial neuro arrive at your diagnosis so quickly? My symptoms they tell me are UMN- my left side is mostly effected- I have noticed my left wrist , thumb area to be smaller- my husband bought me a watch for valentine's day from our jewler who has my wrist size on file from previous bracelet purchases and the darn thing was way to big, he couldn't believe when I went in to have it sized how small it needed to be. I wish my hips would shrink instead! Thanks Helen for listening...
    thanks for the note helen, it really helps to have the tea table to escape to. even if i am just reading and not posting it makes me feel a part of life. you are wonderful, you keep such a positive attitude even when it is so hard. i say prayers that you will be able to sell your house daily
    Hi Hon,
    Was 81 today,my kind of day.Trees are starting to blossom here,love SC.Sorry you are starting to have some problems,I have had lots of problems and my days of typing are coming to the end.You may have read I go for the trach on the 23rd of this month,we have our walk on the 17th.I am Kens Beach Bums and we are #1 today.Wish you the best--------Hugs Ken
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back