sadiemae
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Lori,

Sorry I just realized I posted this on my Mom's profile instead of on yours. LOL. My Mom and I are still figuring out the site! You had asked about where my Mom lives....My folks live in Nevada City and Mom is going to UC Davis Clinic. We went to SF for second opinion. The clinic at UC Davis is new too and we are going for the first time this week. Hoping that they have a lot of support to offer and driving that direction will avoid the snow!! Do you guys enjoy the snow? I live in Los Angeles - so I am a wimp about winter weather. I have another sister who lives close by my folks so they are suffer through the winters together! With my Mom's health I worry about the weather. Let's stay in touch about the clinics! Thanks,
    Mellissa and Mom - PALS Frances

PS: So all these weeks later...how is Reno clinic? UCD seems like it will be good - but they are still building team.
    Hi, my brother was diagnosed with Pseudo Bulbar Palsy about a month ago, he started slurring his words earlier 2009. He's 65 and lives by himself in Michigan. Just talked to him yesterday on the phone, he is having increasing difficulty speaking and swallowing. I'm flying back there early January to attend his neurologist appt. at Henry Ford. His future living arrangements are in a quandry right now, he may need to sell his house and move to Tucson to be closer to me. But we all know how housing sales are in Michigan right now. Not sure if he should be moving into an apartment here or if we should be looking at more suitable ALS living arrangements due to all the unknowns with the disease progression?? We are all so upset about this, I've attended an ALS support group here in Tucson and he's going to one this week in Mich. So many questions, such an overwhelming time ......this seems to be an informative and compassionate forum, thanks for being here.
    Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out to me! We are still in the "confirming/ruling out" phase, but our neurologist "unofficially" says it's ALS. Ugghh. How did you all start this journey? We've been advised to not start the VA process until the diagnosis is 'confirmed'...is that how you handled things?
    Melody
    Melody
    Hi sadiemae! I'm Ray and have ALS Balbar. I don't normally don't to anyone about it and we have been on the Forum for a while but we are not sure how to work it. There will be a time where all I will be able to do is work my hands I guess, I'm not sure. How do you put the picture of the dog on the screen? We are going off on a "one last vacation tomorrow and I'm not sure if my wife, Karla, will take the computer or not. She has had a very tiny strained muscle in her secrum(sp) area for over a month and she been going to a doctor for 10 days now and he says it will takes awhile. So, she has to put up with it during the vacation. I asked her to see someone a month ago, but she didn't. It is such a small strain and in a very small area where it hurts her to walk. Well, if you have time to "come back" as we would say in the "BIG" truck, please do. In Christ Ray
    I hope your hubby gets to go to a Steelers game! You guys live a long ways away from Pittsburgh, but (I know, I know) fans are EVERYWHERE. Is he feeling better after the peg procedure now?
    Lori... we have tickets to that Monday night 49'er game! If you end up going let me know where you're sitting, and I will let you know where we are!

katie
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back