Ms. Pie
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Marta,
    Doing ok,have lost a lot of my mobilty and the days of walking with the walker are coming to the end.This is so much fun.So you retired,good idea.Enjoy all while you can,I retired when I was 63 in April 2007.Have a great day---------------------------------Hugs Ken
    Hi Marta,
    How's the weather in CO? Looks like we are going to try to get back out to Ouray next summer. I hope! I heard from Emory in Atlanta and they're wanting me to come in and do a 2 day screening to see if I'm a good candidate for the stem cell trial. I hope it works out and I am. Say a prayer for me.
    Marta,
    Annie's obit was in the paper today. It was a beautiful testament to her and her courage under duress. Her service will be this Saturday @ 2:00 pm at their home. Thought you would like to know. Someone else wanted to know so they could pray during the time of the service. Not sure who that was???
    G.
    please answer me, you know and you are patiant. sometimes in my tongue twitch, just for a second, but i feel this. started before 8 month, and stop 2 month, and before couple weeks again started in my tongue. i can feel twitch in my all body. when i pressed some muscle, or get stretched strarted to twinch. sometimes started twinch when i sitting and stand up i feel in my leg twinch. i must tell that my twinch only take for few seconds, never longer 10 seconds. what you think? Is twinch when i stretches muscle because als, when i stretch muscle twinch is everywhere, or als twinch is when brain decision give a twitch? and do people with als have tingling in leg, on the skin and inside? please answer me. please, thank you good woman. i send you hug.
    Hi Marta, Oh, what an awful roller coaster! My sister wrote me last night and said she is reconsidering her decision not to go to the ALS Clinic in Vancouver. I spoke to my niece and my brother-in-law - they want to support her in whatever she decides, but they are hoping she will go. So am I.

Marta, who was Ann? Not Annie's Phil????
    Hi Marta,
    Doing ok,pray your ok.I have Hospice coming this Thursday to sign me up.VA had me for Bipap testing all of Sat.night and will be getting a new one tomorrow based on results.Over the last two weeks we have lost two members of our local ALS support group and and we all lost out sweetheart Ann.------------------------------------------Hugs Ken
    Marta,
    I am just so heart broken over the passing of our dear friend, Annie. I just now this evening discovered it through another person posting. I have been swamped lately and it has hit me hard. I met her in Salisbury at ALS clinic February of this year. Exactly 3 days from the day she passed. It was 2.06.11 and now she is gone. Oh this disease humbles us and takes the very best. I have been changed for the better because I knew her.
    G.
    Lol I find myself wondering is god trying to tell everyone something? It's ok to pronounce to the world my lord and savior!
    Maybe it's just luck? But no matter I love it!
    Marta, I am so frightened. I don't want to think about what my sister is going to go through, let alone her husband, her daughter and me. My dad died about 5 years ago, my mom died this September. I just have my sister left. We are very close. I have good friends and colleagues but they're not like family. That is why I am reaching out to you people. I so admire you for your strength and your attitude - I hope, I hope we can come to the place you are. I don't know how we'll do it but I guess time helps. We don't have a choice as to what this illness will do but we have a choice as to how we live our lives from now on. It's just so scarey. I've never encountered anything like this before. My grandmother died in her 80's, my father was in his late 70's and my mother was 85. My wonderful sister is only 58. I don't want to be a burden on you so please tell me if you think I should be talking with someone else - it's just that you have such kind and empathetic advice.
    Hugs, sweets. Hope you're having a good day and that your interview went well.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back