minnesota
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Happy Birthday to you........ Happy Birthday to you....... Happy Birthday to Marie..... Cha Cha Cha I love cake so save me a piece. Hugs, Kim
    Whoa, didn't realize it was a big one! Throw in a jug of wine too. Cheers.
    Hi Marie,
    How are things going for Jim now? My dad is staying in Dallas right now with my sister and her family because they have a ALS clinic and in our small town in Illinois we don't have anything. Dad was just home this past weekend for a quick visit. He is getting weaker in his arms now too. He is taking the drug Ritulek but I don't know if it's really doing any good. He did agree to a bi-pap machine and uses it just at night when he sleeps. His breathing isn't too bad yet but he sleeps 100% better with it. He has a tendency to be claustrophobic but he handles the bi-pap just fine. Take care of yourself Marie and know that you and Jim are in my prayers. Kim
    If you type in Permobile on google or bing , it will show up and you can take a look at the 500 model.
    love you
    sharon
    Hi I'm orginally from Minnesota. Left 28 years ago but my family is still. My hubby has a brother living in Çoon Rapids.
    Hi Marie,
    Hope you are having a good weekend. How many children do you and your husband have? We have our twins Matthew and Julie who will turn 15 in September and will be in their first year of high school this fall and then our youngest son Eric is 8 and will be in the third grade. My dad was just recently diagnosed with ALS. My mother passed away of colon cancer in July of 97 two months before I had the twins. I work as a switchboard operator at our local hospital. Does you husband take the drug Rilutek? Thanks, Kim
    Hi Marie,
    Lovely to hear from you, and good to hear things are OK too. Dealing with arm and hand issues myself I have some idea how things have to change. I'm sure you'll stay bright and well ahead. Our last wedding was a year ago in early May - to the months are flying by! Our daughter married the year before that is expecting now, so the excitement keeps coming for us. Do keep in touch. Every blessing, R
    Good morning Marie, I'm not sure that I am the right person to answer your question about the ramp. I can tell you what we did.
    We have two small steps into our front door, when my husband needed the wheelchair. We bought a portable RAMp from a medical supply company in Rapid City. This salesman suggested the size and length that we would need based on the height of the stairs.
    When he graduated to a PC. I had a contractor come in and build a ramp from our porch to the drive way. He built it so that they didn't look like an add-on, but like it belonged to the house. She had all the ADA requirement and was able to make the slope just right!
    Great, now we are in the middle of the investigating every model for bathroom. It's funny as well a sad to think that my retirement fund is now turning into an ADA, account! :).
    Hope this helps a little. I am now using the ramp, since I am in a PC and it works well. Good luck...
    Wishing you a Happy and Holy Christmas Marie & Jim.
    I hope it's a special day!
    Every Blessing,
    Roderick.
    Hi Marie,
    I've been absent from the site for awhile. Logged in today when I read of the passing of Abbas Child on PLM. Very hard to hear, she was such a favorite.
    Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I think of you and Jim often and hope you are doing well.
    Take care,
    Steve
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back