L
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Laurel, I am from Williams Lake. I have a rescue farm for large animals - lots of horses, llamas, pigs, goats, alpacas, sheep, dogs, cats and poultry. My riding horse is a Peruvian Paso. I see you are in Alberta. Oh dear.... my sister has just been diagnosed with ALS. I would like to find some people on this site who understand where we're coming from. You looked like a good person because you're a hose person and you're from Alberta. And your loved one is riding a horse.
    I'm not a hero. I'm human. I am far from perfect. I am lost now without him. Its been a week since he passed, and I don't know who I am, or what to do anymore. My daughter keeps on trying to cling to me, and all I want is my space. I can't deal, I can't seem to be the parent I need to be for them, I can't seem to get back into the groove of things. Nothing makes sense anymore. I don't dream, or hope anymore. I can't sleep, have no appetite, and when I do fall asleep from exhaustion, its only nightmares that wake me up shortly after I have fallen asleep from the exhaustion. I don't think I can do this. I know if rolls were reversed, I know Jason couldn't have been on this end. It would have crushed him. As it is, if it weren't for the kids, I wish I could lie down and die right beside him right now. I have no will or desire to go on. I just want him back.
    Thanks. Just at a loss as to what to do at this point? I'm lost and don't know where to go from here. How am I suppose to go on? What am I suppose to do now? My life had purpose, I was Jason's wife, lover, best friend, caregiver... now, I have lost him and don't know who I even am anymore.
    Thank you. Yes this is incredibly hard. Tomorrow they will be coming to take his bed, & everyone is bracing me for that. I'm a bit nervous, & not sure quite how to feel about it. My parent's pastor has offered to be here when they do it. Should I have him here? I dunno. I dunno anymore about anything. The world seems to be still going, life seems to be going on, ..yet my world stopped.. my heart died, & yet I am still suppose to go on. How do I even begin to do that? Anyways, thank you for asking. I really appreciate it.
    Dear Laurel, I appreciate your prayers and thoughts so much. The Lord has me, covering all needs as well as a whole lot of extras. Praying for you now to be made welcome by neighbors.
    Love the horse! Hi, just wanted to drop by and say thank you for your kind words concerning my peg...It really seems miraculous to me that I had no pain after the 2 days in the hospital, no oozing..clean wound. I think God really wanted me in the dex drug trial, so I am thinking I have the real drug...last night I felt a bit wired, which ususally is not the case, as I sleep like a log...but I kept waking up every 2 hours whdich is not like me. who know? It is for research, so either way I am proud to be a part of this trial. Love ya
    I could not handle living in the city, I'd go nuts, love sitting outside in pj's with coffee. Have high fence between me and neighbors, but can hear there every word. You will never be a city slicker it's not in your blood, country transplant maybe..lol...:)...((HUGS))
    Hi Laurel, hope your doing good today. Love your avatar picture! I sit here everyday and watch the horses across the street, there is a new mama and filly, a paint , sooo cute.
    Have a good day, afternoon or evening....(HUG)
    Hi Laurel, glad to hear that you were able to rehome 2 of your horses, it's so hard right now for people to take care of them with the bad economy. A friend of mine had 2 Appy's that she put down a couple of years ago, my daughter learned to ride on them. The older was 33, and was the mother of the gelding, who was 24. They both had health issues, and she had raised them both, they were her children. They were like dogs, not horses! She didn't want the younger one to go on without the mother horse, they were very close and had been together his whole life. It broke her heart to do that, and though she still has 2 horses, it's just not the same. (She had the other 2 beforehand)

Hope things are going well for you, it's a beautiful but fall-like day here. I need to figure out what to feed the kids, and feel like doing nothing... They were gone camping in Vermont with the Boy Scouts, so I really should feed them something!
    It is amazing that people can't see the house and not the furnishings... I had staged my house the last time, and still didn't have any luck. It's hard to keep the house "staged" when there are 6 people and a bunch of pets living in it! (including 3 kids!)

Do you still ride now that you're in the condo? I see your horse in your profile pic...
    Hi Laurel, I just happened upon the Tea thread when we were talking about our hockey teams! Was it you that was trying to sell your house? Mine is still on the market, no bites yet. Hope all is well with you.
    Helen
    Laurel, my sympathy on the death of your cat--I always found that extremely hard. And, I'm very glad your other place sold, but was never one to want a loss of privacy...or to want to live in an upscale area. Country neighbors are more my style--there for you and you for them when help or a short visit is wanted!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back