T
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Our favourite place is the Canadian Rockies. Twice we have made the Lake Louise - Jasper - Banff trek, following a wonderful book entitled "The Geologic Roadshow", enjoying the awe-inspiring mountains. Last year we stayed at the Rimrock, with floor to ceiling windows. We awoke every morning to the mountains on one side and the most incredible valley view on the other. We can lose lots of things, but not our memories and I hope that I never lose sight of that. The year before, we visited Tofino and Uclulet on Vancouver Island. The Pacific Northwest trail was spectacular, giant redwoods incredible and we had the best calamari and variation on espresso martinis that I've had.
    A strange combination but then my husband is a science and home theatre guy and I find peace on my yoga mat.
    My husband received a tentative diagnosis of ALS at St. Michael's hospital in January of this year. We are awaiting the results of genetic testing but regardless of the results, I am seeing a significant progression from drop foot, which ironically he noticed as he continued to increase his speed on the treadmill last April and started tripping over two toes, to walking with the assistance of two canes and experiencing extreme fatigue.

I have been reading everyone's posts for the past month or so. Before that it was too painful but now I realize that I am part of a new community and am thankful for the information and insights that I have received to date and really appreciate hearing about your personal journeys and how you cope.

I've broken this post into two because I exceeded the "1000 characters rule" but I want tell you a little about us because I do not want ALS, and our respective roles to define us, only for it to be part of our lives journeys .....
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back