Miss
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Thanks, Miss. I have the ID/base priviledge item covered. As for the PCP, would that be with the VA medical center or my "civilian" PCP?/thanks/Frank
    Yes, talked to PVA on Thursday. We also got a statement from his first doctor stating that he had ALS in February, 2011. Thanks. We'll just have to wait to get the VA certificate for the van and determine as to when we can't live without a van any longer.
    Good Morning, you wrote yesterday "the VA is offering assistance because ALS is a presumptive service related illness. He is now considered a 100% service connected disabled veteran. This will open the door to many, many benefits." Last month my husband who was diagnosed in April with ALS was rated at 30%. Will VA change that to 100%?? He had the outside evaluation for disability at the beginning of the month. AND have you heard that the auto grant is going up to $18000 in October. I was hoping it would be in August per an earlier conversation with PVA. THANKS
    Thank you for the thoughts, Miss. I very rarely come on the board any more. I used to think it was because I needed to move on. Lately though, I'm finding life is very difficult. Not as difficult as caregiving mind you, but with four kids it's no walk in the park either. I thought it was time to start thinking of maybe pursuing another relationship. But I've since come to the conclusion that there's really no time in my life to even begin to give another person the kind of attention necessary to make something work out. Everything I have goes to the kids. And I think they're doing pretty well, but it's a fragile situation. So, while I do believe I'm over the worst of the grief for Liz, I still grieve for myself. Dreams lost. Lonely nights. Busy days that all seem to run into one another. For now, I'll just treasure my kids and hope for something better for me in the future. It's not so bad, but it's not so good either.
    Dick
    I am going to call the PVA tommorrow, but anything you can tell me would be appreciated. I just want my wife to be taken care. My legs are gone, my arms are getting there. I've almost given up. Sorry about the whining. tommorrow I'll wake up (God willing) and be ready to fight this thing. See right now I'm stuck I don't see the nuero until June 30, even though he diagnosed me and changed my meds, but told me nothing about a treatment plan.

Thank you I'm so gratefull for this site and all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am glad the doorbell at the foot of his bed is a workable solution, dear Missy. And I hope he's grateful for the TV he receives today. You and your son are dealing with so much. I lift you before the Lord...
    Love,
    Ann
    Missy, I hope your household is doing better. You're in my thoughts and prayers... Peace be yours.
    Missy,
    "A little know meaning of the word righteous - fine and genuine"
    What a lovely, generous thing to say! Thank you so much. I am not up to date on anything you have posted latley I'm sorry to say; how is your husband doing now?
    Every blessing,
    Roderickl.
    Missy, I just read about your friend. Heartbreaking. My prayers are with you and your husband. I hope he is able to think, and to analyze and then do whatever is best for you all--preferably with prayer. Bless you.
    Will keep praying, Missy. I am so sorry. I hope that there's a breakthrough very soon.
    Hugs,
    Ann
    Hi Missy,
    Thanks for your message; that must be so, so difficult; and I appreciate your sense of frustration at not being able to enjoy the moment. As a 'patient', if you like, I guess I find the reality of MND to be a slippery thing. I can appreciate how some folks might not accept it, and I admire those who just take hold of life circumstances with courage. You are in a difficult spot, no doubt. I pray that truth and light arrive quickly.
    Missy, Would he agree to going to a counselor with you, do you think? Forgive me, I should know this, but have to ask, are you getting Hospice help yet? I would think you need them, and they have social workers and chaplains, as you know. I understand how this might be, as I'm married to such a responsible man who always takes care of anything, especially regarding my future needs (what we used to think would be the normal things). I imagine his just quitting and refusing, and it is mind boggling. My heart breaks for you, Missy. Love, Ann
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back