Julie B
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Do keep encouraging your parents--both of them, to visit here and simply read. I don't think they need to join in order to do some reading. One of your siblings can hopefully help them if they can't figure out the forum. I will pray, Julie, for your mom and you, along with all your family. This is still considered "early" into her ALS diagnosis, incidentally. Most PALS or spouses are still pretty much overcome with grief at this point; obviously not where you want them to remain. I wonder if you could encourage your parents to read the Bible together. Also, Amy Carmichael's book, Rose from Brier is written by a woman who was bedridden, in pain and insomnia for about 25 years, and is addressed to the ill, and to caregivers. It is meaty, and somewhat archaic in language, but really does speak to me.
    Love, Ann
    Part 1
    Julie, I am so sorry for all of your family. I do agree that if she would surrender this to the Lord, she would know such comfort and peace. Perhaps (and hopefully) that will be in her future. I did not become involved in the forum right away. I hadn't a clue how to navigate it, and wasn't ready to read what people further along were having to deal with. For a while, I asked Phil due to knowing he'd done his homework, and he gave me answers as I could handle it. That state of fog and denial came to an end, while leaving me plenty of time ahead. If I'd been a super fast progessor, I'd have been a mess. As it worked for me, my walk with the Lord has increased throughout, seemingly at a faster rate than my disease. I wouldn't welcome going back to health, since going to be with the Lord is now for me the real goal.
    Your mom and I have similar symptoms. I have been gifted with a terrific husband and two great kids. Sometimes I do not want to burden them with everything I am thinking so that is why I joined this forum. Everyone has bad days and I find this forum to be very helpful. My symptoms started around May also. So far I have not had much limb involvement yet. Thank you for the "chat offer" and I am sure your mom already knows how special you are............:)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back