Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello Ever. See my comments to Old Dog on my page. In a nutshell, my symptoms began in 1994 with speech difficulty and progressing to swallowing problems over the course of a few years. I made the round of neurologists with no definite diagnosis. EMG results in the late 90s were indeterminate. In 2000 I was diagnosed with some indication of nerve damage on an EMG. By then I had difficulty walking and continued speech and swallowing problems. Since then progressive weakness in my legs has continued unabatted and has been slowly spreading to my arms for the past several years. I think my hands show some atrophy although my legs do not. My speech is now very low but generally understandable. My breathing is affected but not to the point of needing mechanical assistance.

A new EMG last fall indicated very little lower motor neuron involvement hence the change of diagnosis.

Hope this helps.
    thank you hopingforcure
    please see my first post as it encapsulates my situation
    Im still figuring out this forum, not sure if you can find my first post
    how do i find my post records
    Thank you both. I understand your concerns. I think it is very unfortunate that people would take advantage of this forum. I dont have any questions about what I might have (nothing has been diagnosed yet), but I havent been pushing it either.

I really appreciate your response. can someone tell me how i can upload a picture for my profile??
    Hi, sorry but I can't accept your friendship request for the same reasons Rose gave. take care
    4ever,

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will be able to learn much, and we are here to help as much as we can. While I do appreciate your friendship request, I regret that I can't accept until you've been active posting here, due to a very unpleasant (for me) previous experience with someone who was not who she/he purported her/himself to be. The very best of luck to you, and I mean that (that we will be there for you as much as possible)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back