J
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Joni, thanks for your words and the hug filled with comfort and hope. I hope things change too -no I am praying for my son's understanding and for God to guide me - so that my life is filled with joy each day, no matter what. Hugs, Diane
    Joni, Bruce is only one day younger than I! I guess he'd have to join and get a profile page, etc. How are you and he and your household doing? xo
    Hi Joni, I saw your birthday question, and wanted to say if you put your birthday up on this, your profile page, it should then get onto the calendar. I believe you do that through the "User CP" found above.
    Hugs,
    Ann
    I'm so sorry Joni to hear about your husband. Did they comment on whether his progression is slow, average, fast? I will pray for a slow progression. This disease is so unfair. Me and my hubby live close so dont hesitate to ask for help if you need it. If you guys are at the Atlanta walk for ALS this weekend let me know we will be there.
    Hey Joni I do live in Auburn here with my hubby! If you ever need anything or need a friend I'm here. I am feeling better the steroids stabilized my bp again so I'm feeling pretty darn skippy that I was able to get my IVs today. Howd Emory go?
    joni - just wanted to wish you luck at Emory today. Please let us know how it goes. Keeping you in my prayers.
    Joni, if I remember what you said correctly, those meds do take a while to get used to. I don't know, but maybe having an honest talk with your daughter about your need to have more time alone, or else alone with your husband, without the grandchildren there might help? You can't be going crazy from too much bombardment, or you won't be able to cope. Sending a bigger hug.... a super-sized one. XOOOOOO!
    Joni, how are you all making out? How is your husband doing with all this? You're in my prayers. Hugs!
    It was the first stage of jackhammering and then moving the drain and pouring cement. He has been walking around saying, "I can't believe it, I can't believe it!"
    Good luck today when your husband has his emg. Hopefully it will proove to be something other than ALS and your fear has been for not. If it is ALS, we are here for you - and your husband. As a PALS myself, I can tell you that I knew before the doc told me that there was something seriously wrong. I didn't know the "name" so when I heard it was ALS, I was relieved to know what it was and was not upset. I began reading about it, found this forum and am finding I am much more adaptable to each loss that I suffer than I ever thought possible when I was in the limbo state and worried.

Your inner strength is amazing. Hang in there
    Please pray for us. Well my husband is officially unemployed as of last week. He has worked all his life and this is a big blow to lose his job at this point in his life. We go to have the dreaded emg tomorrow morning and I am so scared. You see he does not even know that als is what the dr is thinking. I read up on symptons on the internet, and talked to his dr privately at his last appointment and he confirmed his suspicions. I did not have the guts to tell him...i have just prayed and prayed. I don't know if he can take two hard blows at the same time. Now I worry about how we will survive with bills and all else. I am trying to stay positive, but it is really hard. Thanks for caring.
    I am so down. As I posted my husbands last day of work was last thursday. We go for the emg this wednesday and I am so scared. he does not have a clue what the dr is thinking it might be. He does not research symptons or really the internet. The neurologist told me privately to put a smile on my face until we did the emg and seen what might be going on. I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders right now. Now I worry how will we pay the bills, are we going to lose the house, and the biggest worry is will this be als. When I was going through losing my first husband to cancer, at least you felt like you had a chance with chemo, radiation, and trials, but with this disease...there is no hope. I just don't know if I can deal with going through something bad again. I find myself questioning God and everything good. Am I awful or what.
    We don't have ins through his company anyway. His company did not even have std unless something happened on the job. Unemployment in al is a little over 200 per week. Sad.
    Hi Joni, I know this is scary. If he is getting laid off, DO NOT let his company know of a possible illness. If he is laid off he can get unemployment. Once you have 10 posts, we can communicate through private messages. Do not give up hope!! HUGS Lori
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back