joelc
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Thanks Joel for your helpful response. You and your wife give me hope that mum and I will get the hang of this sling eventually. Of all the equipment that has come into the house, this is the one I am finding the most daunting. I have to remind myself that we found ways around all the other things that came before it.

I had a look at your site too. Thanks for sending the link. The photo of you and your wife is just lovely,
    God bless
    Hi there Joel. I was reading your blog and saw what you had written about your lift and how hard it was for you and your wife to deal with. I am wondering how you are with it now.

The reason I ask is that mum & I have been using what is called a sit to stand hoist here but we have to move to a full body hoist as my mum can no longer use her legs to help in the lift.

We had an occupational therapist call to the house with the equipment. She was with us a couple of hours and to cut long humiliaing story short she was unable to show us how to use the slings for toileting and literally left my mother with her pants down. We're still reeling and I don't know how we can manage this thing when the so called expert can't do it.

I don't know of anything else out there to do the job so I know I have to get to grips with the thing. But I can identify with the pain & tears. Have you gotten used to the system at all?

Avril
    I hope this finds you well, as well as you can be...........I have been feeling really down lately and decided that this was the place that helped me best. Please know that I have not forgotten all of the kind words and the advice that you always had for me...I will never forget yall. I am going to school in the fall to be a RT. I know enough about it so I figured I should go and get the degree.....I will check in and let you know how that is going.......Thanks for always being a friend
    Many Hugs,
    netty
    Joel,
    The picture you paint is so very far from my experience, I cant really immagine how you deal with those issues, let alone how you feel about it all. I do admire you though! Im appreciating the forum very much, there are friendships to be made that are unparalleled I think; and I find much courage comes personally through sharing the things that I have written and hearing the thoughts of others.
    Blessings!
    Roderick.
    Hello Joel,
    I read somewhere here that you had written about a close call and a season of trouble. I do feel for you, hope that things are smooth once again and you are feeling good.
    Blessings,
    Roderick.
    I hope caregivers will read the posts here, Joel... as it becomes harder for you or (seeing below) Al to communicate with their wives, there needs to be a way for them to see what is going on... and I realize they're very busy. Of course it works both ways; good for us as Pals to see what they're really going through.
    Blessings to you, Ann
    Joel, just wanted to let you know I appreciate your daily scriptures on Facebook, and all the help you have been to me over the years here on the Forum. I am going going thru the transition stage of losing my fingers, hands, ability to type respond to messages. It is so very frustrating. It is hard for anyone to know what we feel inside when we cannot say, type or whatever the need is at the time.
    Thank you for being a blessing and obeying the LORD.
    God Bless
    AL Marble
    Just checking in, but on an administrative computer. Ill be back first of next week. I'm at my boyfriend's nursing home, for awhile. If you can, let me know how you are feeling.I hope your workload is lighter than it wasLOL.BestLove to you and Christine
    Just stopping by to say hello and you're in my prayers, Joel. I hope today was a good day... filled with peace.
    Ann
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back