PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

Love it Cathy? It looks like my cat, except for the two eyes, and the young age. Thanks for sending that along! ❤

Attachments

• pulse-image-1580910370528.jpg
    pulse-image-1580910370528.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 118
With apologies to Alan Sherman, "Here we are at Camp Lenexa. Camp is not so entertaining as the White House briefings are so depressing. Keep me home and safe from Covid-19.'

We are hunkered down save for occasional foraging sorties to find sustenance for Joyce. Our last outing was yesterday. I must say there was a vast improvement in diverse choices for her meals. We were pleasantly surprised to see fully stocked shelves in the meat department, which allowed us to complete the shopping at one store. The last time out, we needed to visit four stores. Everyone was social distancing and waiting for their 'turn' to approach items.

Otherwise, I continue to progress slowly. We remain positive but have switched to ops not so normal in the Heartland for the foreseeable future. Stay safe my friends.

Happy Wednesday. 40 degrees partly sunny.. Love the sentence game ty Nikki.

What a difference not having to rely on Blue Cross for anything. I have my Medicare and Medicaid started, and gave the info Monday to the Respiratory group. Blue Cross has been denying the equipment, even though the Respiratory group has said I needed it. I was approved yesterday and got the Trilogy today, and the cough assist should be here in a few days. Thankfully, I had a loaner, so I have had a few days to get used to it. I am a mouth breather, so it is a struggle to keep my tongue from looking like a SlimJim...

It's Wednesday once again. For some reason, March flew by. We had the warmest and driest March on record in East/Central Florida.

Unfortunately, we have had an influx of people fleeing NYC and other areas with high rates of the virus and my guess will be Florida is the next State to explode in numbers. Very sad. Our governor waited until today to issue an order and every city has been doing its own thing.

I continue to do well. I am still getting over whatever bug I picked up 4 weeks ago (that is not COVID-19).

Our community was heavily hit by COVID-19 early on, but took rapid action to slow the spread. The new infection rate reported here is now quite low, though the numbers are not very accurate due to lack of testing.

I have been sheltering in the house for almost 4 weeks now and am a bit stir crazy.

I continually ponder when it will be safe for me to get out of the house. My conclusion so far is that it will not be until after either an effective treatment or vaccine is available. I believe the vaccine will be the middle of next year, at the earliest. Who knows when/if an effective treatment will be developed. In the meantime, I will stay confined to my house, except for occasional short wheelchair rides.

Steve

Spring is here!!!😁 I am including a picture of these beautiful flowers coming out last couple of days in my flower beds. I think they are Narcissas? Am I correct?

Terrible storms rolled through during the middle of the night last night: tornadoes, huge hail, very strong winds. Fortunately no damage here except to the flowers. (I thought the windows would break with the hail pounding on them.) Perhaps I can get out for a walk later today to check on the neighborhood's flowering trees and blooming spring flowers.

IMG-1113.jpeg

Still stuck in Tucson until it's safe and practical to drive back to Iowa. Missing the spring flowers and blooming trees.

Like Steve going a bit stir crazy, but surviving.

Ed

Yesterday was beautiful. I had some outdoor pool time and walked around the outside of the condo alone. My back and knees are very sore today but getting the sun on my eyes and upper body was worth it.

We have enough food for at least another two weeks. I'm glad I ordered lots of fish and seafood from Vital Choice in Alaska. We're trying to keep the condo clean and sanitized but it isn't easy.

I feel like the virus is cheating me out of what could be my last Summer walking, going to the dog park, and getting in the pool. Maybe not. No way to predict.

Checking in for the first time. (That’ll make some cringe.) Symptoms
progressing. Gives me thought to this…

There is a saying… “Often Less Is More.” (I’ve tried to use that in the
replies I used to post.) When it comes to PALS…REALLY?

So, the less we can do… is that more? Nope. :)

I guess the key word to that saying is… “Often.” but not always.

Hope all are doing as good as good can be.... QRT.

(An old Morse Code for “End of Transmission.” :) )

beautiful weather in atlanta. really great to wheel out to the patio and catch a few rays. suspended my health aid who came 4 times per week - - just too risky since she has multiple clients plus having a very active life style.

My State is social distancing and has closed nonessential businesses. We just hear this will continue thru 4 May with targeted businesses being gradually allowed to resume, the first industry to go back to work will be landscaping. It’s a good plan.

I am doing whatever I can to not get covid-19 but I’m comfortable with my own mortality. I think my attitude may be less panicked than people who thought they had an indefinite shelf life.

The weather finally turned nice this week and I have been able to enjoy a few short wheelchair rides. There is still too much snow on the ground to go on my regular routes. Yesterday was the first time I did not take the four wheel drive PWC out. I just got back from a 4.5 mile ride in the Permobil C500 that has a top speed of 6.5 miles per hour. It was a magnificent ride and it was great to be able to go faster than the four wheel drive PWC's 4 miles per hour.

There are more people out walking now than normal, but it is still quite sparse. Everyone did a great job of giving me space on the ride.

We are supposed to have snow returning tomorrow and then again through the weekend. Pretty typical weather here for this time of year.

I continue to slowly feel better after getting sick 4 weeks ago. My wife is doing a great job keeping things sanitized. We have both been pretty much house bound for the last month.

Steve

Back