Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
El Segundo
Hey guys , went back to the new Neuro and he did an emg , not normal , which I’m glad I knew this had to be a neuro thing going on , I’ve been told for two years I was crazy by two other neuros, I didn’t get a copy of the reports he just did it and we talked about the EMG.

He said very slight (fasciculation and fibrillation potentials ) he thinks it’s brachial plexus , but really has no idea ,due to the fact my mom had als , he said he thinks it brachial plexus but he wants to keep watching me . My other thread was closed, because I had a normal emg , which I felt was incorrect .

Last edited by a moderator:
It is still most likely not ALS, but to have your own records at hand, which is a generally good idea, I would get a copy of the report, and we're happy to take a look if you want to post a de-identified version.

I called the office , they said since it was just done a couple hours ago , they probably won’t get a copy of the report for atleast a week

an EMG showing a brachial plexus issue doesn't indicate ALS so this is looking like something they may be able to treat and fix. I'm so happy for you to have something positive to start working with.
Come back when you have the EMG so we can see the detail, until then have a great week knowing you have moved forward :)

According to the doc he’s not really sure what the emg shows , psw , fibs , and fasciculation potentials . Which as far as I’ve been told I know are not good , spinal mri pretty normal, brachial plexus mri normal, I’m not sure how he came to the conclusion of brachial plexus

According to the doc he’s not really sure what the emg shows , psw , fibs , and fasciculation potentials . Which as far as I’ve been told I know are not good , spinal mri pretty normal, brachial plexus mri normal, I’m not sure how he came to the conclusion of brachial plexus

Your best bet is to ask him to explain that. He's got your entire medical history and your most recent test results, plus his in-person clinical exam to go by and he would definitely be able to describe his path to conclusion. It's really hard for folk here to speculate based on incomplete information. I am sure the forthcoming report will provide you with clear answers. And if it doesn't you can ask to clarify with your doctor.

Definitely your doctor is the one to discuss this with as above.

Hey guys, been having a hard time lately, ever since the bad emg (fasic potentials, psw, and fibs) and my family history, been having a hard time sleeping. I was so hopeful after two clean emgs and an alleged als specialty place at kaiser, it just goes to show how EMGs are a skill and you should always seek a second opinion, I almost didnt, because everyone told me clean emg=no als )

I knew my problems were neurological, im glad i stayed persistent, I should get a copy of my EMG tomo and I will post the results.

Thank You all

If you had ALS, do you honestly think they'd send you away after many EMGs, zero ALS symptoms, and clean clinical exams without telling you? You, as far as what you've said, have no gene for ALS, so why would you have ALS then? When you post the EMG tomorrow and it shows the all clear for ALS, will you finally let it go?

Please, go live your life. The life that any PALS on this forum would give anything for, including my dying husband. Seriously now, let.it.go.

Hey best friends , I always appreciate the realism from you , I worry because I stayed home taking care of my mom while she had it , so I’m worried whatever triggered her sporadic als I was exposed to and it had a very similar effect on me , also it’s really scary when you have denervation on an emg and muscle atrophy and the neurologist drops those 3 letters , along with a terrifying other differential

Let's suspend this discussion pending your posting the EMG. Thanks.

Hey guys didn’t get a full chart or anything but these are the doctors notes , thanks everyone for taking a look , really appreciate you all

Attachments

• 9C323F20-5364-47DB-A8E1-2911711A86D9.jpeg
    9C323F20-5364-47DB-A8E1-2911711A86D9.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 321
Hello, can you please repost with all identifying information blanked out? Many thanks.

He says he found clinical improvement and doesn’t think it seems like ALS. Happy dance! Continue living your life and follow up as planned. Worrying gets you nowhere. Having a single relative ( parent) with ALS makes your lifetime risk .7-1 %. Your risk now is very low and you are far more likely to eventually die from something common like cardiovascular disease or a cancer

Identifying information removed , I love you guys , appreciate you putting up with me losing my mind for the past couple months , you’re amazing patient people , love you all

Attachments

• EDCB2617-21D2-427F-90D0-86D0C6C9F9D0.jpeg
    EDCB2617-21D2-427F-90D0-86D0C6C9F9D0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 351
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back