Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NC
City
Winston
I honestly admit I’m probably fine but wanted to bounce this off anyone with experience because I’m getting bounced around between doctors trying to find out what’s wrong with me. So I wanted to try every resource I could. I was referred to a neurologist today so my mind is going down a “dark rabbit hole.”

I’ve had persistent twitching in both calf muscles for about 3 weeks now. No pain and some light cramping occasionally but no real pain. Body-wide twitching does happen, but not as frequent.

Something is hitting my sciatic nerve whenever I lean forward or move my head a certain way. So there is the “tingling” sensation running down my right leg and into my knee. I’m currently in physical therapy for this and awaiting an MRI next week. Potentially a bulging or herniated disc? It’s just unusual because I can jog without any real pain, I just aggravate the sciatic nerve more and get the tingling sensation after the run.

Since New Years Eve I have noticed a persistent pressure in my “throat-ish” area particular on the right side and near my collar bone. It rises and falls and I have not had anyone catch me slurring words other than potentially freaking myself out stumbling over words. I haven’t noticed any tongue twitching. I can eat and drink like normal. I kind of notice it when I eat and occasionally it will be sore, but I can still eat or drink anything I want without choking. Most likely due to anxiety and me “over-thinking” it.

My left hand, the thenar muscle and thumb will involuntarily contract and move on their own. This has been happening for about a week now. I can still use the grip strength tool and squeeze over 130lbs just fine.

I don’t have any “clinical weakness” that I’m aware of. I still go to the gym and I ran today for 2 miles, which I was a little stiff for but I’ll admit it was probably due to inadequate stretching and the fact I’ve only run on the treadmill for a while.

I’m aware this is MOST LIKELY NOT *** but I wanted a second opinion from anyone with experience to rule out possible spinal or bulbar onset.

I have an appointment for an MRI next Wednesday and the Neurologist is next month.

If anyone has any advice on what else this might be or specific testing I should do please let me know. I appreciate your help and thank you for your time.

God Bless

Please read this if you have not already done so:

If you don’t have actual clinical weakness detected by a physician on exam and you can still do everything you have always done, then you need not worry about ALS. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. Abnormal sensations such as pressure in the throat point away from ALS. ALS also wouldn’t start simultaneously in multiple areas as you’ve described.

I don’t see ALS in your post. I’m sure the visit to the neurologist will reassure you.

Please read this if you have not already done so:

If you don’t have actual clinical weakness detected by a physician on exam and you can still do everything you have always done, then you need not worry about ALS. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. Abnormal sensations such as pressure in the throat point away from ALS. ALS also wouldn’t start simultaneously in multiple areas as you’ve described.

I don’t see ALS in your post. I’m sure the visit to the neurologist will reassure you.

I appreciate the response. I know you guys have seen a plethora of people looking for help and I appreciate your time. Was hoping maybe any of these symptoms might point to something else someone may have heard of here other than ***.

I'm sorry, this is an ALS forum; you'd have to suss that out with your doctor as this is not a general health forum. The important thing it's not ALS and that's great.

Best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back