Diagnosis
05/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Oakville
Station 114, supper time I was on Squad 3 we did all Squad work for the North half of the city plus we were the Hazmat Squad ( we were all certified Hazmat Tecks ) and we also covered the airport. The two fellas with me are on the Pumper, the other six guys are cooking supper or supervising the nightly feast, excellent meals and lots of it. Picture taken by Gary Smith a Squad guy.
I didn’t mean to slight the other two squads one is high angle rescue and the other is confined space rescue. We all back each other up, and cross train with each other.
We also had a Distinct Chief, Gord Shean run out of this hall with us. Ten guys per meal plus we sold meals to Peel Police and OPP, there was usually 2 or 3 cops there for the meals. We charged the police two fifty a piece for supper that generally looked something like this,mashed potatoes, open face sandwich piled high with hot roast beef, beans and all covered with hot gravy and of course coffee.
Station 114 was in the area of highway 10 and Highway 401, a busy spot. We always hoped supper didn't get interrupted by a call, but it happened occasionally.
C0BB4FBA-314B-4B68-9FC4-7DCC7DB66E69.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back