Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
OR
City
The coast of
Bitch of a day, Chance, our big sweet boy died this morning. I was with him and he never woke up and didn't even have the spasms that normally occur when they die. We had him on gabapentine, I read that it was a very effective pain killer for dogs. He spent his last weeks pain-free and happy!

He's on the right

I’m sorry for your loss. I’m glad to hear he went peacefully.

I am so sorry.

Very sorry, Brad. He looks like a great guy.

Best,
Laurie

I don't think average healthy people understand how attached we get to our dogs....maybe it is cuz we are so isolated and they are our social life. I can't even imagine what losing Harlee would do to me. Sorry for you loss Brad!

So very sorry for your loss Brad, I get it. The loss is huge.

So sorry, dogs are part of the family and it’s so hard when we lose them.

Brad, I'm so sorry for your loss of Chance. What a beautiful dog.

Sharon

I'm so sorry for your loss, Brad. It sucks.

Want a beautiful boy. Losing such an integral part of the family is terrible. All we can do is exactly what you did...keep them out of pain. So sorry to hear about this. Kevin

Thanks everyone! Yes, it was a huge loss. He was always happy. He was a foreclosure rescue. Hard as it is to believe he was abused by the father of the family that owned him. The father had this little mutt and the wife surprised him with Chance and the jerk took it out on Chance!

They kept him locked up in the garage. The mutt was given preference at feeding time and steal Chances food.

We did our best to make up for it. We took them every where. He greeted everyone with a wagging tail. The tears just won't stop.

On a separate note, Mark, good to see you posting.

Thanks everyone.

So sorry for the loss of Chance. You gave him such a joyous and loving home when he needed it most.

So sorry for your loss, Brad.

I am so sorry for your loss Brad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back