Alphagories- a word game

Status
Not open for further replies.
J- A little late...
Thomas Jefferson and oh indeed J.K. Rowling

I bet Ben Franklin would have been pretty interesting too.

M - Max... Max Eidswick. Max was a PALS forums member who greeted and made me feel welcome from my very first day, here. Max was fond of reminding us all that IIWII (It Is What It Is). His mantra has been a near constant reminder that allows me to get back on point and continue to move in the right direction... regardless of how crazy this all sometimes seems. I only knew Max from these forums... but I'd have loved to sit down with him and spend an afternoon chatting. I'm sure it would be one filled with many smiles and much laughter!

Max was before my time here, but I’ve read many of his posts here and feel the same way.
I’d also like to meet you and many others here.
Tillie gets a seat at my special table anytime she wants!

M- Mozart. I love his music and wish I could have been a fly on the wall at some of his concerts, but I’m not sure I’d want to unleash him in my home.

M-Morgan Freeman (actor)

James Madison-Father of the Constitution (I have this bobblehead) :)
1571318456663.png

GABRIEL and Aelius Galenus or Claudius Galenus (Greek: Κλαύδιος Γαληνός; September 129 AD – c. 200/c. 216), often Anglicized as Galen and better known as Galen of Pergamon (/ˈɡeɪlən/), was a Greek physician, surgeon and philosopher in the Roman Empire. Arguably the most accomplished of all medical researchers of antiquity, Galen influenced the development of various scientific disciplines, including anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, and neurology, as well as philosophy and logic.
A Sampling of Galenism’s Successes

• Diagnosis of disease by careful attention to the patient’s pulse.
• Diagnosis of disease by careful attention to the patient’s urine.
• Removal of cataracts from patients’ eyes.
• Diagnosis of physical symptoms caused by psychological disturbance.
• Proof that urine forms in kidneys, not the bladder.
• Discovery that arteries carry liquid blood rather than, as previously thought, gaseous air.
• Identification of 7 of the 12 cranial nerves – such as the optic nerve and acoustic nerve.
• Identification of two types of blood – bright red and dark red.
• Discovery that the heart has four valves and they allow blood to flow in only one direction.

Wow... so very cool, beauty4everyone!

I LOVE the idea of an evening with Galen. I’ve always admired people of that many talents and accomplishments.

As for people who are still living, I’d love to have an evening with violinist Itzhak Perlman and cellist Yo Yo Ma with dinner, conversation, and a private recital. In addition to being fine musicians, both are intelligent gentle spirits with a lot to say about music and the world.

A while ago when Yo Yo Ma was very well known but not as famous as now I sat across the aisle from him on a flight. Mostly he reviewed a score and “ practiced” without bow or instrument of course but was very nice and indeed displayed an intelligent gentle spirit
O Sandra Day O’Connor

O-Barrack Obama

and Michelle Obama
I just finished reading Michelle Obama's book Becoming which is a great story for women, girls, minorities, and anyone facing challenges as they make their way into the world. It is also a wonderful reminder of how and why we stand up for what is best in people and our world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back