Alphagories- a word game

Status
Not open for further replies.
U-Useless junk

V- Vague pieces of cr$p that nobody really wants or needs.

Boy, it sounds as though many of us have a negative opinion of flea markets. Admittedly I never go to them because I tend not to be interested in other people’s cast-offs.

W- Western gear.

Yeah- not a flea market lover. Had a fun day at the Paris flea market back in 1989. But, that’s a different story. 🤓

I am a member of a facebook group called "Weird Second Hand Finds" that is filled with amazing things people have found from flea markets, garage sales and places like Goodwill. Things turned up- century old ob-gyn exam tables, velvet paintings of sad clowns, poorly done stuffed ex-pets, radioactive glass and weird medical tools. There's also an entire subgroup of people in it who trawl through places to find the most hideous dresses and things like spangly unitards to model for the FB group to rate. Some of them are hysterical.

Y. Yard decorations

Z- Zilch unless you want someone's castoffs ;)

New category— pick your absolute favorite word for each letter. The more quirky and outlandish, the better.

A- Ancestors. I enjoy genealogy as a hobby. Wouldn’t be here or anywhere without them!

CHOCOLATE!!!

PS Yard sales, 2nd Hand stores, Antique shops, etc., I truly enjoy them. I've purchased solid wood oak furniture, crystal, stained glass windows, jewelry, period clothing, etc., and several objects a deceased relative led me to, to let me know they were all right. It's entertaining and fun just to look, and see what you gave away that's now considered an expensive antique. B.

YUM!!! :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:😊
B. 😎

1567228530611.jpeg
1567228639569.jpeg
1567228719372.jpeg
1567228832473.jpeg
1567228893542.jpeg

D - doldrums and dastardly. Both those words crack me up for some reason.

I had a daughter drop in last weekend unexpectedly with a friend I hadn't me before. Somehow we got onto talking about words that we really hate and this young lady seriously said she gets creeped out by the word Doily, particularly if said by a man. So now that word is going to crack me up forever - though I don't remember the last time I heard anyone say it. I must say she works for St Vincent De Paul which is kind of like the sorting house of the biggest flea market, so maybe they come through quite often?

E-Excellent. For long term members you will remember we used to have a lot of trigger words that sent posts to mod. One of the most baffling ones was excellent!

F- Fandango

I just love the sound of that word and can picture the Spanish dancers 💃.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back