PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

Kevin-enjoy the trip to Northern California and the lack of hair. I had to cut my hair very short so I could take care of it, but never considered going ALL THE WAY!
Karen-I hope your trip to the coast is wonderful!
Nona-Happy new bed. No more falls!
Dave-Hot in the heartland? We are preparing for high 90's coming in starting tomorrow.

I am preparing for an Alaskan cruise that departs Seattle on August 3rd. We leave Ohio on the 2nd so that I am not so tired from the journey. We are going with two other couples (one is my PCP and her husband). I know it will be exhausting but I still cannot wait. I went shopping this morning for a new bathing suit and purse. Last week I went shopping for a few new outfits and shoes. I found four pairs of Sketchers which allow for easy slip-on and good secure soles to prevent falls.

My Trilogy use is finally going well-I'm up to 7 hours as of last night. I think the pulmonologist and home respiratory therapist have the settings so that I can tolerate it and sleep without terrible belly gas. Such a long process!

At least the new lift chair has been a very easy adjustment! :ROFLMAO:

Kevin-enjoy the trip to Northern California and the lack of hair. I had to cut my hair very short so I could take care of it, but never considered going ALL THE WAY!
Karen-I hope your trip to the coast is wonderful!
Nona-Happy new bed. No more falls!
Dave-Hot in the heartland? We are preparing for high 90's coming in starting tomorrow.

I am preparing for an Alaskan cruise that departs Seattle on August 3rd. We leave Ohio on the 2nd so that I am not so tired from the journey. We are going with two other couples (one is my PCP and her husband). I know it will be exhausting but I still cannot wait. I went shopping this morning for a new bathing suit and purse. Last week I went shopping for a few new outfits and shoes. I found four pairs of Sketchers which allow for easy slip-on and good secure soles to prevent falls.

My Trilogy use is finally going well-I'm up to 7 hours as of last night. I think the pulmonologist and home respiratory therapist have the settings so that I can tolerate it and sleep without terrible belly gas. Such a long process!

At least the new lift chair has been a very easy adjustment! :ROFLMAO:
That is so coincidental you are going on the Alaska cruise! We literally had that same idea, leaving the same day from Seattle on the inland passage cruise before settling on some of our favorite haunts in NoCal. Can’t wait to hear all about it!

And the lack of any and all hair is really a trip. I still find myself reaching around in the morning to pull it into a ponytail. It is quite liberating, if a bit of a shock. As long as my daughter and wife like my new shiny melon, that’s what counts right now. Vanity be damned. No more blow dryer, although, as Gallagher once said, I look a little like a pencil with the eraser bit off!

Can’t wait to hear back from everyone that is taking some time away. K

Kevin-Inside Passage cruise from Seattle then to Ketchikan, Juneau, Icy Strait Point, and back to Seattle stopping in Victoria.

Everyone getting ready to travel, enjoy and be safe.
Cathy - I loaded up on the Sketchers before we left Ohio. Easy to get on and they keep me balanced. 🙆‍♀️

Kevin-Inside Passage cruise from Seattle then to Ketchikan, Juneau, Icy Strait Point, and back to Seattle stopping in Victoria.
Sounds great! Victoria is so cool, a mix of the UK and Canada, clean, everyone friendly. Have a blast!

Cathy, it is only going to get hotter according to the weather forecast for Kansas
weather.jpg

Dave, I have no room for complaint! 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
Only a heat index of 105 for Saturday.

It was soooo cold here till well into June. As someone who lived in DC until I was 13, bring on the heat!
Vincent

It's Wednesday again. We're finally getting some rain here. Nothing new to report.

Same old here too.

Has anyone heard from Beauty4everyone? Or Doglady?

I haven't seen Beauty post for quite some time...concerned and worried.
It's been since Spring I believe for Doglady.

Beauty4everyone was last here June 29. Doglady was here yesterday. If you search on members, you can look up their profile and it states when they last logged in. Often people log in but don’t always post.

Cathy, that’s sweet that you are concerned. You can also send them private messages to see how they’re doing.

Karen, I did send beauty one the other day but haven't hard back.

Thanks for the update and helpful info! :) You're a gem!

Hi all- thanks for wondering about me. Sometimes I just don’t know what to say! I’ve had the help of a Home Health Aide for the past few weeks. What a difference this has made. No trips planned for us right now but I love traveling vicariously through your adventures. I’m doing ok. Still talking and using hands although weak and transferring! Happy Summer!!!

Back